Where can i find natural flint...

Hammock Hamster

Feb 17, 2012
Kent
Hi all,

Does anyone know where i can find natural flint in the or around the chessington area in Surrey.

I dont mind travelling a little way but am currently using public transport so am a little bit limited to where i can get to.

Cheers, Hamster

steve a

Settler
Oct 2, 2003
south bedfordshire
The whole county of Surrey consists of Flint bearing land so you should have no problems finding some. If its for firefighting you should be able to pick up small quite easily from around fields or even your own garden

Last edited:

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
It's probably everywhere - just look around in places that aren't Tarmac'd or concreted. Failing that, buy a bag of it from B&Q!

Adze

Native
Oct 9, 2009
Cumbria
www.adamhughes.net
Any of these any use to you?

IMAG1349.jpg

Hammock Hamster

Feb 17, 2012
Kent
Hi Adze,

The bit on the right would be ideal though any would be of use.

Any chance you would consider posting a bit out to me if i cover the costs etc...?

Cheers Hamster

Adze

Native
Oct 9, 2009
Cumbria
www.adamhughes.net
PM me your address and I'll send it over - don't worry re postage, it'll be scarcely enough to bother with, just drop a quid in the next RNLI or MacMillan tin you see.

Cheers!

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Still flabbergasted that people post lumps of rock about the place, especially to an area like Surrey which is rich in natural flint... :eek:

Hammock Hamster

Feb 17, 2012
Kent
PM Sent.

Hi Spandit :rolleyes: would you believe i have been keeping my eyes peeled for a while now and im either completely missing it or not looking in the right places.
I only have about 3 main areas i go out to regularly and they seem to be mainly mud or grass! :banghead:

Hamster

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
yep I've the same problem here in wales where i live its all coal maybe someone could take some to the moot so we can all have some for a small fee ?regards dave

The Big Lebowski

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
Maybe on a quiet day we could organise a drive from the moot to monknash... And grab some iron pyrite too :) Wales own little slice of jurassic coastline.

leon-1

PM Sent.

Hi Spandit :rolleyes: would you believe i have been keeping my eyes peeled for a while now and im either completely missing it or not looking in the right places.
I only have about 3 main areas i go out to regularly and they seem to be mainly mud or grass! :banghead:

Hamster

Hi mate are you actually in Surbiton, if you are that would explain why you aren't sat on flint central, the south downs are well to the south of you and the north downs run just to south of where you are, you are basically sat over large alluvium deposits which if you dug down far enough into you would then hit chalk and flint. 10 miles to the south you would be sat on chalk and large chunks of flint.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE