Where can I find a Trangia 27-4 HA?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

AJB

Native
Oct 2, 2004
Lancashire

AJB

Native
Oct 2, 2004
Lancashire
Well looking at the local mongers I find 27-3 HA (http://www.getout.se/item.asp?katid=406&item=11396). On http://www.getout.se/section.asp?katid=406 you can see the selection they sell.

The kettle (the only difference?) can be had fairly cheeply in any outdoor shop around here (personally I prefer space for a small fuel bottle to the kettle, but that is me).

Thanks for that, the problem being delivery, I can find them all over Europe, just not in the UK.

AJB

Native
Oct 2, 2004
Lancashire
Hi Forestwalker,

That really is remarkably kind of you!

I’ve spoken to Trangia UK this morning and not only do they not import that set into the UK, you can’t even make it up from component parts as the 27 hard anodized wind shield is not imported at all.

I couldn’t ask you to do all that for me, it’s unreasonable, but I would be very grateful if you could help me with the language barrier. I was about to email them before I read your message, I suspect the postage costs to the UK would make the whole exercise too expensive but if you could let me know if they reply that would be a great help.

Thank you very much

Andy

forestwalker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I couldn’t ask you to do all that for me, it’s unreasonable, but I would be very grateful if you could help me with the language barrier. I was about to email them before I read your message, I suspect the postage costs to the UK would make the whole exercise too expensive but if you could let me know if they reply that would be a great help.

We'll see what they say. If they charge actual parcel postage (I think the shape makes letter impossible, even if that would be significantly cheaper) it would be the rate I quoted, but one never knows (one other company claims SEK 175 for up to 4 kg, so one never knows, but they don't list the model in question).

AJB

Native
Oct 2, 2004
Lancashire
Now I got an answer; they can send abroad, but will need an actual address in order to calculate the cost. PM and I'll answer their email in order to get a quote.

I've emailed them too, do you want me to see if they email me back in English first - I don't want to take up your time.

AJB

Native
Oct 2, 2004
Lancashire
Hi Forestwalker,

I’ve had no reply, I guess you emailed them in Swedish and they didn’t understand my English :)

AJB

Native
Oct 2, 2004
Lancashire
Well I it arrived this morning after being ordered in Sweden on Wednesday morning – 48 hr delivery would be good service from a UK supplier – but from Sweden – Amazing!!!

It’s a lovely bit of kit and I’ve completely indulged myself and have the multi-fuel and gas burners too – very extravagant I know.

But before I spend the day playing with it I just wanted to say a big public thank you to Forestwalker who not only found the supplier but brokered the deal in Swedish for me.

Thank you very much sir.

Andy

AJB

Native
Oct 2, 2004
Lancashire
Oh go on then, but only because I’m showing off :)

100_1769.jpg

100_1771.jpg

100_1774.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE