what've you spotted popping its head up in spring.

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
as i'm now cycling into work and home each day i take a rather scenic route by some woods and through alot of farmers land and a local park. so all in all rather good for spotting the wilds.

so far i've seen young wild garlick, lots of snowdrops, daffodils at the point of flowering, lilacs and some yellow flower that i've no idea what it is but its almost ready to come out, i'll get a pic when it does, some young nettles (give em a while and i'll pick me some) and green shoots all over the shop.

bird wise i've been seeing more rooks and tits then anything else but then its farmers land i'm riding over so its to be expected. oh and i almost flattened a very young squirrel the other day, litterally just missed the blighters tail as he ran accross my path! not seen anything in the hedgerows yet but then i am going past at about 15-20mph i may slow down later and see if i can spot owt.

just trying to see in the spring with tales of those wonderful plants! what have you seen?

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
Ferreting season is nearly over, gutted rabbits have got little 'marbles' in them, youngsters are on the way.
Saw a lovely display from an absolutely colossal swarm of Starlings - breathtaking, the sky was black with them.
Lots of twittering in the morning and evening from the birds.

Chainsaw

Native
Jul 23, 2007
Central Scotland
Had a wee walk round the plant today and saw some snowdrops out, some daffys with flowers almost completely out and also what I think is some blackthorn greening up nicely, a few of the leaves were out fully. I think it's blackthorn as it's too early for hawthorn but I could be wrong :togo:

Cheers,

Alan

Barney

Settler
Aug 15, 2008
Lancashire
Saw two magpies standing guard :)BlueTeamE)over a woodie on its nest yesterday, it must have had an egg.

Wasnt there tonight:dunno:

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
Saw dozens of frogs at a nearby pond on Sunday, they all had their heads poking out of the water and competing for X factor by the sounds of it. The amount of croaking and the volume of it was amazing.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE