What's your preferred shelter when camping?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

What is your preferred shelter for bushy camping?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
Bivvy, tent and tarp. Yes, all at once. :)

that tends to be my approach most of the time too, although i've used and enjoyed all of the options apart from hammock/tarp, and i'm sure i'll use them all again at some point in the future. location and season are the things that decide my sleeping arrangements when camping.

Had to go with other
it really depends on what i'm doing
on a course-tent bit of privacy space to change without scaring my fellow students.
chilling camp-tarp bedroll blankets
skills testing camp-poncho, bivi bag sleeping bag
family camp big big tent
meet-tarp(s)
also depends how i am getting there by car bung it all in, on foot basics, lift with Mesquite hope for best i can fit it in with his stuff already in the car :lmao:

Andy T

Settler
Sep 8, 2010
Stoke on Trent.
Tarp and bivvi for me. The tarp to keep the rain off and the bivvi to keep me dry if any rain blows in under the tarp. I think a bivvi bag also adds an extra season to your sleeping bag. I couldn't sleep in a tent anymore, i gave my tent away at one of the meets, i felt too confined and isolated from the things i had gone out to see.

vizsla

Native
Jun 6, 2010
Derbyshire
Has to be a natural shelter for me were possible.
For my other id say no shelter at all just me my bedroll an open fire and a clear moon lit sky, bliss

lucan

Nomad
Sep 6, 2010
East Yorks
Although i have gone down the tarp and hammock route in the past, I prefer being a Ground dweller these days, In a tent :)

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Hammy n tarp, but am getting back to loving basha and bag. Seeing SimonM's tarp on the ground has me pushing towards tarp n bag setup ??? Open sky with a long log fire n wool blanket is the way though .

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Jinsin456

Settler
Nov 14, 2010
Maybole, Scotland
This is a tricky one, have to admit though a hammock is probably my favourite place to be ATM although I had a great weekend in a tent just there, probably nice for a change but can't beat the hammock. Especially when it is hung off the side of a landy :D

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Generally a ground dweller ... a couple of pics from Meet type affairs ~

423199_172230962898388_1418651794_n.jpg

The Ratcatcher

Apr 3, 2011
Manchester, UK
It depends on what I'm doing. Out with the wife and kids it's tent and a giant industrial tarp, if I'm out on my own then it's tarp and hammock in summer and tent in winter, unless there's a good reason for using heavier kit.

Alan

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE