Whats your choice in Dry Bags

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
Whats your choice between Ortlieb, Sealine or Sea to Summit Dry Bags.

Always used Ortlieb myself but whats the others like for a strong waterproof Dry Bag

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
I use a massive ortlibe for the liner, with the bits inside in karrimore dry bags. The ortlibe is big enough and tough enough to fit my entire pack in if needs be.

Perrari

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 21, 2012
Eryri (Snowdonia)
www.erknives.com
Been using some Ajungilak ones for a few years now, and they have been great. Also have a couple of small exped ones for smaller stuff like mobile or camera (or toilet roll).
Used to have an Ortlieb one as well which was really tough & hardwearing but a bit bulky to put inside my rucksack, but I dont think it was designed for that.

Graveworm

Life Member
Sep 2, 2011
London UK
Sea to Summit ultrasil or Alpkit Airlok when I want lightweight. Exped are a bit harder wearing but bulkier and I like the Airloc Xtra if you need to strap it onto something.

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
I have Ortliebs, Outdoor Reasearch, lots of Lomo's and 2 Aldi's. My Lomo yellow grab bag is the thickest, closely followed by the Aldi bags.

Lomo do a quite thick 60l drybag with removable rucksack straps. For the pack, I use a rubble sack as a liner, then all kit inside lighweight stuff sacks which are mostly silicone impregnated nylon.

crucible

Tenderfoot
May 14, 2011
vancouver bc canada
Mine are a combination of Ortleib, Outdoor Research, and Seal Line.

A lot of it is dependent on the size of the pack and the conditions that will be encountered in the field.

adestu

Native
Jan 19, 2010
swindon
I've been using an exped one but all the others a Karrimor from sports direct.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2

knifefan

Nov 11, 2008
Lincolnshire
Exped !!!! I use a medium size one as a variable size pillow with my fleece inside - still inflated after a good nites sleep :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE