What's This Bag

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
It looks like one of the Swedish LK packs, if they're saying it's 50L then it could be the LK50, but I thought these were pretty rare.

Whether it's genuine or a copy I'm not sure.

If you look at the LK35 you'll see it's the same design

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I doubt that one is actually canvas either, they mention a waterproof coating on the inside so it's probably polyester with a PU coating

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
... if they're saying it's 50L then it could be the LK50, but I thought these were pretty rare.

Used to be rare, but they're not well known and very similar to their little brothers and there's a good chance that we were buying LK50 packs sold as LK35s. If it's an LK50 it'll have a Haglofs name stamp ~ inside the top of the lid if mine's anything to go by ~ iirc Haglofs also made the LK70 but not the LK35 versions. I'm pretty sure Kev at Endy'd filled one with water to check capacity, I believe he was happy to call it 45L :D .

Below is a bit of a better pic of an LK50, it's my own pack. It is 'a canvas', just not your traditional old school heavy duty canvas ~ this is neither an accurate nor a good description ... just think of it as more like a heavy duty steroid enhanced poly-cotton ;) .

[/QUOTE]

If you look at the LK35 you'll see it's the same design

Yeah, it was scaled up from one of the LK35 variants (iirc the LK35 radio pack is a very different beast :rolleyes: ) and the LK70 is basically the same main pack as the 50 with the addition of side pockets, front pocket, snow locks on everything, a basic belt, and a different lid.

IIRC one of the main criteria when designing the packs was that they must be still usable after being gravity deployed from helicopters :rofl: .

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE