What's the fit like on Buffalo gear

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

redcollective

Settler
Dec 31, 2004
West Yorkshire
Hello all,

I'm interested in getting a buffalo wind shirt for walking - what's the fit like? - are L and XL really baggy for their size?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

falcon

Aug 27, 2004
Shropshire
I bought a special 6 recently and found that I needed one size larger than normal......as they say, try before you buy..

Bjorn Victor

Forager
Apr 3, 2006
Belgium
I have a 36" chest and ordered aspecial six jacket size 36". It is close fitting, but it works great. I also tried one size up, but found it too loose for my liking. Buffalo is designed to be a close fit. Only then will you get the most out of it.
You can also read this:
http://www.needlesports.com/gearreviews/buffalo.htm
and
http://www.needlesports.com/acatalog/Mail_Order_Buffalo_41.html

Hope it helps.

I stil agree with "try before you buy", but for me (in belgium) it was difficult. I ordered 2 sizes from the UK and sent one back :rolleyes:
I made a deal with the people at needlesport. Great service too!!

Bjorn

pinty

Mar 24, 2006
London
Redcollective -

I would also say try before you buy. I am a size 40 inch chest average build, but I found the 40 inch Buffalo Mountain Shirt too restrictive. I know Buffalo are supposed to be a tight fit, but for my purposes I knew I'd be wearing it with a base layer. I settled on a 44 inch Mountain Shirt and am very pleased with it.

Good luck, and hope this helps in some way

Pinty

T

Treehuggers

I have a bufflo - It is a definate try before you buy. As said before they are worn next to the skin.

soa_uk

Forager
Jul 12, 2005
Highlands
Don't know about the Buffalo windshirt.
I'm and 18stone+ monster and the 48 Special 6 fits me fine.
I *sometimes* wear a skintight dryflo under it you *wouldn't* want anything else under it...

I take 2XL in most things (Swanni/Arktis)

Alchemist

Forager
Aug 1, 2005
Hampshire
Try before you buy. Definately.
Put your hands in the air and do windmills and stuff when you try it on just to make sure.
Buffallo, Montane and the other makes are all much the same with performance but the fit is everything.

Rhodri

Forager
Nov 12, 2004
Suffolk
Hi Red,

I've used both a windshirt and Special 6. In my experience they are slightly on the small side. Be aware as well that the windshirt seems quite 'climbing specific' in shape. They are fairly short and intended to have some upper body/arm room. I found the velcro closures on the wrists far too long as well - a bit 'flappy' and annoying in my case.

Definitely try one on first... :)

trauma

Tenderfoot
Dec 25, 2005
Midlands, UK
www.razortooth.co.uk
i have a mountain shirt, as said in post, it is meant to sit next to your skin and be quite 'hugging' - either get measured or try b4 you buy as they are not the fit of usual fleeces / mid layer.

Fantastic bit of kit though and worth every penny in the field.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE