Whats next?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Being older, I'd like it better if they would stop skirting around the whole issue and simply ban death. It'd make me feel ever so much better when each morning I could read the news saying that the ban would soon begin to show results.

The trouble with intermediate measures is that on the surface they seem so sensible - but they aren't. Over the years I've watched as more and more legislation and policy has been put in place to protect people from themselves. With kids, any playground equipment that could lead to cuts or broken bones has been removed. Certainly all of that works - we don't get cuts and broken bones as in years past. All seems great except that that in the long term view a person sees kids growing up without any real notion of actions and consequences. That leads to tragic and unnecessary accidents as they grow up - in numbers that boggle the mind.

Yeah - lets ban death :D
I dont think about it much but I guess im a lot older then I would like to be.

The older I get the more I think our democratic system isnt all its cracked up to be.The more 'democratic' we get and the more 'human rights' we're all supposed to have the less freedom the individual has. When I bring the subject up with friends they say -'so its not perfect but its the best option' and look at me as if Im nuts.

Im stuck in Ireland now but I spent 2 winters in Alberta (Banff) about 5 years back - You live in a beautiful part of the world OldJimbo.

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
OldJimbo said:
Being older, I'd like it better if they would stop skirting around the whole issue and simply ban death. It'd make me feel ever so much better when each morning I could read the news saying that the ban would soon begin to show results.

The trouble with intermediate measures is that on the surface they seem so sensible - but they aren't. Over the years I've watched as more and more legislation and policy has been put in place to protect people from themselves. With kids, any playground equipment that could lead to cuts or broken bones has been removed. Certainly all of that works - we don't get cuts and broken bones as in years past. All seems great except that that in the long term view a person sees kids growing up without any real notion of actions and consequences. That leads to tragic and unnecessary accidents as they grow up - in numbers that boggle the mind.

I agree that things appear "too safe" I do a lot of climbing with scouts and have to make sure I stress that it is possible to get hurt if they do something stupid. There are too many kids(and adults) that expect everything to have a soft covering, and the feeling of invincibility can be more dangerous than anything.

BorderReiver

Mar 31, 2004
Norfolk U.K.
lou1661 said:
looks like the time to emigrate gets closer :( :( :(

No.The a#seholes will just follow you.Stay here and start writing;to your MP,the papers,ACPO,Woman's Weekly Etc.

Put the sane perspective in the public eye as much as possible.

Common sense might prevail,who knows.

Oh,and dont ban death,there are too many of us infesting the planet as it is.

Spacemonkey

Native
May 8, 2005
Llamaville.
www.jasperfforde.com
Another problem with banning all the kiddies playgrounds is that now they have nothing to do, and nowhere to do it. So they turn to the only excitement left to them-vandalism and yob behaviour. As you all no doubt remember, this is fun when you are of a certtain age with nothing better to do. I say the best thing to do with all these evil kitchen knives, is to affix them to the centre of every car steering wheel in the land. Hey presto-overnight all domestic kitchen knife 'accidents' are stopped, and every single car 'accident' is stopped. Car safety proves the theory correct that the safer we feel, the worse we act, after all, if we crash, the airbags etc will take care of us, so who cares?

It's so sad that kids of today are not allowed to grow up being responsible for their own actions and learning by their mistakes.

Oh,and dont ban death,there are too many of us infesting the planet as it is.
I wouldn't worry it's mainly for psychological reassurance and creating jobs. We've spent over a billion dollars on gun registration, and gun related crime has increased. Along those lines the population should be dropping dramatically just as soon as the ban on death is introduced. You have to remember that the billions of dollars required will have to come out of health care, policing and education.

I'd never advocate emigration for running away from something - but when a person plans out their life (or tries to) it's worth considering what's worth running to. Life is short...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE