'What's new?' is all new

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Hibrion

Maker
Jan 11, 2012
Ireland
What has happened to the 'what's new' tab?

It is no longer a nice list of threads, I really don't like the new system. Anyone else find the old way easier to use? It was one of my favourite features of the board :(

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I think "what's new" and "new posts" used to point to the same page, now there's the "activity stream" which is where "what's new" is pointing to.

ol smokey

Oct 16, 2006
Scotland
Another member that does not like the new What's new site. The old one was my first opening site up till now , but wont be
using it unless it reverts back to the old system. I hate being critical , as I like everything else about BCUK and think you do a wonderful job, and keep most of us happy most of the time which is not easy.

Elen Sentier

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I've always used the New Posts button but settings works quite nicely for threads you subscribe to and I find that useful. Don't use What's New, and don't really like the new Profile Thingy with loads of post and defaulting to "All". But it is quite useful if I want to find a post I've recently posted in for some reason when I just select the tab for me.

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
It's not that I mind the new layout, but I do find reading the old style "What's New" page easier - I think because of the borders around each separate post/thread combination - It seems that as dyslexia and poor eyesight kicks in, I'm relying more on the colours and positioning of text within a box to read what the latest post is - rather than having to scan read everything on the page because there are no borders and lots of highlighted text all over the page.

Ogri the trog

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
This is changed because of the recent upgrade we did to the site, not because of any design changes that we wanted to make, it was a case of security etc over some slight functionality changes.

The navigation is fairly fixed but we're looking into how to adjust it, for now the answer is another click, go to what's New and then select the view that you want be it NEw Posts or something else.

Sorry for the hassle, I know it's a pain to have things change and we'll do our best to get things sorted.

Hibrion

Maker
Jan 11, 2012
Ireland
Thanks, Tony. I've been using the 'New posts' button. It's only another click to get the same list as the old 'what's new' list, so all is good :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE