What's in your Pouches. (Pouches!, we don' need no stenkin' pouches!)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Currently making a belt pouch, might even get it finished tonight so good timing on this thread! Getting some inspiration as to what to put in it :)

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Well continuing my pouch fetish I'll get on to my main first aid pouches.

The first one is one of the TNF mini duffels, strong and pretty watertight. I keep my spare meds in here for longer trips - again a "Nitestick" on the zip for ID and finding after dark.
IMG_0732.JPG

I go through a fair amount of tablets at the moment so it comes in usefull.

Second up is a little bug-out bag that I keep my first aid kit in. Holds a fair bit so only really used when camping, take something smaller for walks.
IMG_0733.JPG

Again there's the obligatory glowstick, but also on the outside there's a "Fox 40" whistle - boy they hurt your lugs when you blow them, a thermometer with mini compass and windchill chart (do you know your beaufort scale boys and girls?) and an "Inova" LED torch which can clip to you and has various functions.
IMG_0734.JPG

IMG_0735.JPG

As well as the usual suspect of dressings, bandages, wipes, and normal first aid paraphernalia there are a few additions. Spare inhaler spray, anti-diarrhoea tablets, Tom o Tick tick puller, nail clippers, different types of strong painkillers, broad spec antibiotics, Olbas oil, knife, batteries for torch, strobe, blister kit, liquid bandage, burn treatment, hot pads, hydration powder, survival blanket (slung underneath), disposable gloves, hand wash, bug cream, saline, heliograph (as talked about in post #4), scalpel, cover for mouth to mouth, little first aid prompter. No longer has any pen flares, they were good fun though!, Some Oralgel and clove oil for toothache, Oh and some other bits and bobs.

Last edited:

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
You've not been polishing that leather young man:nono: Cute wee pouch, wouldn't mind one for mine.

That's because it's never had a polish... I gave it a very liberal application of neats foot oil several times once I'd made it and it gets an occasional rub over when I remember. End result it's lovely and soft and you can feel the oil in the leather :)

How do you find those breath activated inhalers?, they tried to get me to use one and it almost killed me when I was bad, The one thing asthmatics tend to be short of in an attack is breath and the blinking thing wouldn't work. Got put back on the press type and additionally the purple preventer - and have been fine since.

I get on OK with it, rarely have to use it luckily. I'm not asthmatic fortunately, I suffer from emphysema so it's more preventative than immediate aid that I have to take that for. I also take a brown preventer twice a day so touch wood I'm OK unless I catch a cold which immediately goes right into my chest and then I'm struggling :(

What inhaler do you carry with you that you want a pouch for?

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
I carry a (BLUE)Ventolin Evohaler, it's mainly in summer when pockets can be a premium I find that in a trouser pocket I keep setting it off and wasting it. So a belt pouch may be handy. I should really get off my backside and have a go at making one. I also use a purple preventer (though I don't carry it) and it's been great, totally reduced the amount I need the blue one. My belt could end up looking like Judge Dredds if I'm not careful.:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE