What's in your Pouches. (Pouches!, we don' need no stenkin' pouches!)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Been going through gear, sorting out and looking for stuff (I'll find the walkie talkies soon Bob) and I wondered what sort of pouches you carried and what you've got in them.

I know it's been done before but we always have new members and folks kit changes.

I'll kick the ball off with my possibles pouch. Got it as a present from Belzeebob23 when he moved to a Dreadhead pouch. It's made (beautifully made by Black Sheep of this forum and is a nice waxed leather which I'm slowly darkening in colour with lots of polish).

First a couple of pics: -

IMG_0723.JPG

IMG_0724.JPG

The contents change, and it's a jigsaw getting everything in. Present contents are: - 4 days worth of medication in little click shut tins, a pot of "Climb On" skin lotion bar (stock the hands from drying out and is good on cuts, lips etc, a pencil and pencil sharpener (also used as tinder), a ferro rod with a little tinder pouch, safety pins x4, my little horn loupe, a lighter, an LED torch, and extendable magnet picky up thing and a Leatherman Crunch with additional hex bits.
IMG_0725.JPG

IMG_0727.JPG

All slotted into place.
IMG_0728.JPG

Little tinder pouch on top to stop the pouch rattling.

Lets see what you have while I make a list of what's in the blue repair kit.

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Belt pouch (from Woodlore)
bag_005_pouch.jpg

Contents.
bag_006_contents.jpg

a small nylon credit card pouch containing some basic first aid supplies and...
a very small brass compass,
a pair of tweezers,
a pair of nail clippers,
some needles and thread,

Additionally...

a WW2 Heliograph (not so much for signaling but to help extract insects or debris from my eyes),
2 meters of very strong but very thin cord,
a can opener,
a diamond sharpening stone,
a tin of Vaseline,
a whistle and a handle-less firesteel on a piece of cord,
a small tube of superglue (for repairs),
And I will sometimes I keep a small folding knife or carving jack in there.

The contents have changed a little since the above photo was taken, but this is roughly what I keep in there.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Well in the Blue pouch which is one of my repair kits there's a few essentials for when your away for any length of time and things go "Pete Tong".
This is a proprietary kit with a few additions, it's pulled my bacon out of the fire a few times. I have two with some slightly different things added to each.

IMG_0729.JPG

Comes in a nylon zipped bag, I've added one of these little coloured glow sticks to the zip, helps me find it and not leave it in the dark. Different colour on different types of pouch.
IMG_0730.JPG

There's a good selection of kit, this ones run out of a few things (I'll mark them in RED so you know and to remind me to re-place them!)
We have: - A little repair manual,
Seam Grip, Alcohol degreaser pads, Gore fabric patch, Ripstop and taffeta repair fabrics, Duct tape, Thin rubber sheet, No-see-um netting, Cordura fabric, sewing kit, large needle and nylon pack thread, safety pins, sandpaper, miniature hacksaw blade, aluminium sheet, hose/jubilee clips, stainless steel bailing wire, fine brass wire, cable ties, tent cord, accessory strap, slotted ladder buckle, three bar sliders, toggles and hoops, shock cord, super glue, epoxy resin, cut proof gloves and latex gloves.
IMG_0731.JPG

Last edited:

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
I like that pouch Sandbender, some good kit in it. I keep my heliograph in my first aid kit, but in the possibles pouch would be better I think (It's a sharpened piece of mirror steel so it cuts too!)

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
:eek:

I have a handbag :eek:

M

Is it cavernous Mary? I can only imagine what you keep in there. Just had a thought I should do my manbag... err I mean my Barbour cartridge bag that I take everywhere next. There's been some odd things in there in its time.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Just a thought there's usually a couple of Maggi stock cubes in my possibles pouch. They're a lot smaller and a bit more solid than standard stock/seasoning cubes so they don't crush. Make a great drink. I used the ones in there the other day.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Chris,

They're called "NITESTICK", the ones have used to sell in my shop, but you can get them in some other outdoor shops. Amazon do them HERE. The specs are as follows -

Product Features

• Glows for 10 years
  • Colour refers to the casing. A green glow is present in all.
  • Glows for over 12 hours in darkness
  • Visibility 20 metres
  • Unbreakable Polycarbonate Case
  • Waterproof to 30 metres
  • Environmentally Friendly
  • Requires no power
  • Structure: Acrylic-coloured tinted coloured body
  • Length: 51mm
  • Width: 10mm
  • Ring: 23mm
  • Available in 6 colours

They are selling them for about £5.34. I use them on keys and pouch zips.

There are brighter things on the market like Tritium, but they can be a heck of a price.

ATB,
GB.​

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
Great thread!

I don't believe it though, I packed my pouch away yesterday, somewhere in a 100l dry bag!

I'll dig it out in a while ;).

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
I knew you'd done that Cameron and thought I'd start this to annoy you;)

Ohh also while I'm on there's usually a couple of mantles for the Coleman lanterns in the Blue kit, but I had to replace two the other day from the Wooplaw trip. That and clean the big moths out of the globes poor things.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
I only have one small pouch which I wear constantly.

It's a bit battered now having been made about 18 months ago

And in it all you'll find is just my inhaler

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
Managed to find a picture of just my pouch, courtesy of Jim.B, great pouch Jim!

image_zps7b32e018.jpg
[/IMG]

Inside I've usually got:
A cramp ball
Some chaga
Char cloth
Flint and steel set
Small lock knife
A firesteel
A UCO 9 hour candle
A few tea bags (individually wrapped)
Some fishing bits and bobs

That's about all I can think of, it changes usually but that's about it now. :)

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
I only have one small pouch which I wear constantly.

It's a bit battered now having been made about 18 months ago

And in it all you'll find is just my inhaler

You've not been polishing that leather young man:nono: Cute wee pouch, wouldn't mind one for mine.

How do you find those breath activated inhalers?, they tried to get me to use one and it almost killed me when I was bad, The one thing asthmatics tend to be short of in an attack is breath and the blinking thing wouldn't work. Got put back on the press type and additionally the purple preventer - and have been fine since.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Managed to find a picture of just my pouch, courtesy of Jim.B, great pouch Jim!

image_zps7b32e018.jpg
[/IMG]

Inside I've usually got:
A cramp ball
Some chaga
Char cloth
Flint and steel set
Small lock knife
A firesteel
A UCO 9 hour candle
A few tea bags (individually wrapped)
Some fishing bits and bobs

That's about all I can think of, it changes usually but that's about it now. :)

Ah good teabags, I do like a cup of tea. The reason I changed over to the mini stock cubes is I don't eat enough salt, hate it and don't use it bar a couple of recipes. Ant the cubes are a way of getting salt in a situation where you may be needing it. I was reading a good thread on stopping and brewing up early this morning.

That style of pouch as well as looking fantastic seems to hold heaps of kit!

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
Ah good teabags, I do like a cup of tea. The reason I changed over to the mini stock cubes is I don't eat enough salt, hate it and don't use it bar a couple of recipes. Ant the cubes are a way of getting salt in a situation where you may be needing it. I was reading a good thread on stopping and brewing up early this morning.

Good stuff Colin, I might have to get hold of a few for my pouch :).

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE