What's in my Roycroft Pack?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
No map or compass, although they would be taken in an unknown area! There's still a few more, I'll post the picture soon and I hope I've counted the items right! If not, well, I was in the army!

:D

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Just uploading them to photobucket now! Didn't want any cheating! remeber, it isn't a complete kit that I would go out with on purpose, but maybe take on a day hike just in case.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
HPIM3005.jpg

HPIM3006.jpg

HPIM3007.jpg

Let's hope I've got everything and haven't put something down twice!

1.Axe
2.Hootchie/tarp
3.Hammock
4.The frame itself, can be used for fuel if it gets that bad!
5.Paracord to lash the pack to the frame, can also be used as a ridgeline.
6.Hobo stove
7.Billy can to fit the above, with adapted Trangia pan handle
8.Nylon straps for carrying pack and slinging hammock
9.Underblanket
10.Charcloth
11.Carved spoons X 2
12.Traditional flint and steel in a leather pouch
13.Folding saw
14.Bark River Fox River fixed blade knife
15.Cheap but excellent SanRenMu lock blade
16.Leather working gloves
17.Folding cup
18.Small karabiner to use with the tarp to make a sort of rain cape
19.Blanket to throw over the top when in the hammock or next to the hobo keeping warm!

The hobo stove still isn't quite finished, I need to tidy it up and just grind some little bits off at the top so that the pins sit in nice and neat. The kit above was just a few items I grabbed out of my bushcraft treasure chest to build the pack and get an idea of how useful it could be. I wouldn't mind doing a trip with a few more items just to see if I can cope with it.

Thanks for looking, by my reckoning John gets the prestige!

:D

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Cheers John, I had fun too!

Alan, I just found the neat place to stow the pins for my hobo stove. What do you think? It needs a lacky band or a bit of string to stop them pinging about, but they stay put and don't mess the inside of your billy up!

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
It is a trangia pan handle, I just cut it down about a centimetre to fit it flay in the bottom of my billy can. I'm sure you could pick one up by itself.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE