Whats going on?

crosslandkelly

Jun 9, 2009
North West London
I've just spent two hours mowing the back garden twice, and the front garden once. Nothing unusual about that I hear you say, but it's February, the grass never stopped growing. :)

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
You'd need floats on the mower here, it's still growing but it's growing in mud; a few more dry days and this easterly wind might just dry off the top enough though :)

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
I've got a gardening business, & I started cutting grass in domestic gardens 2 weeks ago & commercial sites a month ago, & I've done my own twice this year already !, mind the first cut of mine was mostly to try out a new mower.

Rob

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Same here. I even took grabbd a few holy berries from the local wood and hawthorn berries from last year, and dropped them in the garden about a month ago. The holly is already a foot tall!

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I've got a gardening business, & I started cutting grass in domestic gardens 2 weeks ago & commercial sites a month ago, & I've done my own twice this year already !, mind the first cut of mine was mostly to try out a new mower.

Rob

Good for business then Rob, a nice extended season goodjob :D

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Good for business then Rob, a nice extended season goodjob :D

It looks promising Tony !, I've had a very busy jan & feb this year, & having just bought a new toro mower, my fingers are well & truly crossed !.

In fact I cut a 25yd x 30 yd field this morning !

Rob

richardhomer

Settler
Aug 23, 2012
STOURBRIDGE
Iv also mowed our grass, About two weeks ago, Its been a very warm winter, When we went back to school after the Christmas brake the daffodils' over by our forest school site were already in bud. They opened about two weeks later. The mint in our garden has already started to grow.

Nic Le Becheur

Forager
Sep 10, 2015
Ludlow
I had a look at our grass today, and sighed... then saw the daffodils growing through here and there and decided it would be wrong to cut it while they're in flower. With any luck by the time they've finished, there will be primroses so I can get away with not cutting it for at least another month yet.

Out at the back, where it's mostly under trees, bluebells are starting to flower, too. Unbelievable.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE