Whats going on here....

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
This was my web domain until i built my own site.......http://www.markhill-customknives.com

Its now being used by someone else.... who has a different name....

Confused.....
confused.gif
confused.gif

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
Is he trying to scab some trade off you're name?

Call me a cynic but looking at that webpage you could be forgiven for thinking it was your knives being sold

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
Aye, I was just confirming what you must have already thought mate

Have you got any sort of copyright on you're name?....no idea at all on the legality here, I'm sure someone else will though

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Fire him an email on the "contact us" Linky-thingy and see what he says, if anything.......................

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Seems to be a blog site, I can't see any selling.............but he still shouldn't be there under your name, eh?

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Aye, I was just confirming what you must have already thought mate

Have you got any sort of copyright on you're name?....no idea at all on the legality here, I'm sure someone else will though

Cant really copyright my name.... a few Mark Hills about... one of whom is a fairly famous hair stylist.

...bit of an odd site...not sure you can do much about the domain name but pretty sure he shouldn't have your name on a banner at the top of the site

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats what annoys me... if he was called mark Hill... then fine... but he aint..so no need at all for him to use my old domain (word for word) and my old name... its Mark Hill Knives now...... but was Mark Hill Custom Knives.

Fire him an email on the "contact us" Linky-thingy and see what he says, if anything.......................

Will be doing...... need to calm down first...... :)

Seems to be a blog site, I can't see any selling.............but he still shouldn't be there under your name, eh?

Thats my problem... he's not me..... so shouldn't be using my name and old site address...

Last edited:

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
Very weird, something that shouldn't be going on when that's not his name. I'm with Mac mate- send him an email. Good luck.

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Seems he's taking the names and work of other makers... putting them on that site after buying my old domain.

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Wordpress? Gonna have to google that :D

What is it? Site provider? They aint mine.....

Yup, right at the bottom of the page it says Wordpress who are a hosting company, fire them an email outlining the fraudulent nature of the site, it's in their best interest to investigate i would have thought.

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Doesn't help that people that have done reviews on your knives have listed the old address too which is directing them to his site.
This was the first that came up. http://woodtrekker.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/Knives
but others too on BB as well as other sites.

Good point John.... thanks mate.... a few emails and requests to be sent out i think..... the rug must be pulled :)

Cheers Mark...:)

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Thanks Matt. :)

Can someone read the privacy policy on the site, as it relates to my current site... Mark Hill Knives... in every section nearly....... not sure how to take it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE