whatever happened to.....?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

metriaclima

Mar 10, 2014
stonnall, staffordshire
after my break from bushcraft I cant find out what happened to those great fireboxes that ronnies were selling :( most of our ventures at the moment are to campsites with the kids which means having a fire off the ground, we've been using a "patio" type basket/brazier for the last 4-5 years which I picked up in a sale somewhere for around £15, looking for a replacement as I fear ours may not live another year I am finding them quite expensive locally and the quality is dubious to say the least which makes me apprehensive to order online similar items as it would then cost me to return if I wasn't happy.
anyone any ideas as I've been trawling the tinterweb for days with no luck, do I go back to using fencing pins and a tin bucket or does anyone know of anybody making/retailing a decent firebox that doesn't cost the earth?

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
I use one of these and they're ideal once you reduce the legs by half to make them more stable.

They're enameled, a nice size for logs and you get a tripod as well :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE