What you whittling?

spud_23

Forager
May 27, 2010
Leicester
Finished the spoon :D pictures to follow... Still looks terrible but im proud of it :)

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

PaulSanderson

Settler
May 9, 2010
North Norfolk, GB
an oak spork

IMG-20110919-01843.jpg

i was asked to make this for someone...

spud_23

Forager
May 27, 2010
Leicester
Spoon started off as a 6ft pine bedpost from b and q... 3 pound 50! :)

Not too bad for a first success...
b268cbd6-f92f-4e20.jpg

Rod Paradise

Oct 16, 2008
Upper Nithsdale, Dumfriesshire
Spoon started off as a 6ft pine bedpost from b and q... 3 pound 50! :)

Not too bad for a first success...
b268cbd6-f92f-4e20.jpg

How'd you get on with the Carvin' Jack? Since getting back to the countryside I've noticed lots of decent carving/whittling wood about & have been thinking of trying my hand - the idea of a pocket tool with the main blades I'd use appeals to me - but the >£100 price scares me a bit.....

spud_23

Forager
May 27, 2010
Leicester
I really like it.. sharp as anything.. glides through most woods... Admittedly the handle could get in the way when using the spoon blade but i get on okay the way i hold it.
The price tag was an issue but my 19th came at a convenient time :).. have a look at the pocket jack, similiar but cheaper

Spud

Inspired by Chris Lubkemann's "Little book of whittling" I've had a go at the jumping fish on page 61. Finished it this morning. Can't decide whether to add a little bit of paint (nothing too bold - just some subtle watercolour type paint) or just varnish it.
fish.jpg

Rod Paradise

Oct 16, 2008
Upper Nithsdale, Dumfriesshire
I really like it.. sharp as anything.. glides through most woods... Admittedly the handle could get in the way when using the spoon blade but i get on okay the way i hold it.
The price tag was an issue but my 19th came at a convenient time :).. have a look at the pocket jack, similiar but cheaper

Spud

Cheers - that's one ordered now :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE