What would you change about your mora clipper?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

robin wood

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 29, 2007
derbyshire
www.robin-wood.co.uk
I love clippers as a general purpose knife, I prefer a blade that is less deep for many things, but as a general knife to use and abuse the clipper is perfect. I use them for cutting plasterboard, wire, opening paint tins etc. just the tasks they were designed for. For woodcarving and much bushy type stuff I prefer a sloyd 106 or a mora classic.

steveme

Nov 5, 2008
Leeds
Since I managed to snap the blade on my first one, I'd vote for a 3mm thick blade so it can take a bit more abuse.

Jan 11, 2007
Aberdeen, Scotland
Maybe a slightly thicker blade. Haven't managed to damage my one yet though so the current thickness is probably Ok for my use.

I did get a new sheath for it though, one that it sits quite deep in and which has a firesteel holder as I never really trusted the plasticy one it came with.

All in though, if you take into account the price, it's none too bad.

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
I like them, I just think they feel too light in my hand. I suppose it's down to the plastic handle. If they had a bit more weight to them they'd be perfect. I'm even happy with the horrible plastic sheaths they come with, I did my first sheath as a result of my mora. Regardless of my complaints, they're a great knife for the money in my opinion, you don't get much for £8 thesedays...

shogun

Need to contact Admin...
Mar 31, 2009
U.K
i just bought the miki mora & the plastic sheath has too go...lol...atb shogun

Jan 11, 2006
brecon
wonderful knife that it is, ide like it if it didnt taper quite so fast, and if there was a shoulder before the handle just dosent feel right rubbing all that orange plastic up against my wet stone.

by the way there is a whole in the bottom for a leg tie just knot some para cord and drop it through.
belt clip is fine even sitting up and down in a canoe but i have worn away the notch that secures the knife in the scabard reulting in my son cutting himself when he picked it up, upside down.

sad to say the sharpest knife i own and im looking at 23 knives and axes from where i sit lol

does anyone know what the thing looks like if you grind the handle off ide love a picture if anyone has one.

Apr 8, 2009
Ashdown Forest
I'm considering putting a convex edge on mine. Not sure why- probably because I’m bored. Is this sacrilege, or would it be a worthwhile thing to do? I have no illusions of turning it into a clone of my S1 though!

Peter_t

Native
Oct 13, 2007
East Sussex
i have had a few moras but my favorite by far is the mora 510/545 design. the blade is slightly thicker but not exesivly but it blade isn't as broad as a clipper. also there is no finger guard which is much nicer.
these knives are very underrated imo but with the pupularity of the clipper over the 510, the 510 has gone out of production:(

pete

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE