What to do when your buddy forgets his tarp...

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Bunk bed hammocks.... Oh yeah :D

001_zps2e619f59.jpg

Worked a treat but very glad I had a 4x4m tarp with me.

002_zpsf49fcc5f.jpg

Tested out my crimbo present of a Snugpak UQ. Very pleased :)

003_zps8eb040d5.jpg

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Nice one Kit

Another option would've been to find three trees with two right next to each other, tying off the head end to separate trees while the foot end of each hammock goes to the same tree, no probs with a 4x4.

Did you use a pee bottle that night? :)

wingstoo

May 12, 2005
South Marches
Also a very good way to keep kit up off the ground, IIRC Spikey-da-pikey did just that on a weekend I spent with him, net hammock underneath with his kit in and him above...

Kerne

Maker
Dec 16, 2007
Gloucestershire
Love that - and I can feel a challenge coming on! How many tiers could you get up to? Couple of tall straight scots pines and a mega size tarp...

copper_head

Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Nice one Kit

Another option would've been to find three trees with two right next to each other, tying off the head end to separate trees while the foot end of each hammock goes to the same tree, no probs with a 4x4.

Did you use a pee bottle that night? :)

Ah we did consider something along those lines, reckon the tarp would have been big enough as you say. And no, there was no 'going overboard' ;).

Love that - and I can feel a challenge coming on! How many tiers could you get up to? Couple of tall straight scots pines and a mega size tarp...

Just googled that and I think these guys have set the bar pretty high!

Epic-Hammocks-Vertical-Stacking.jpg

The Cumbrian

Nov 10, 2007
The Rainy Side of the Lakes.
I once went on a climbing trip to Norway and my mate forgot his harness. This was in the days before smartphones, so it was a mobile call to his wife, and she guided us via Google maps to Tiso's in Glasgow so that the muppet could buy a new one.

He'd been to the climbing wall the previous night and dumped his harness with his rock shoes and chalk bag in the hall, and forgot to put the harness with his winter climbing gear for the Norway trip.

Cheers, Michael.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE