What sort of nutter are you?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

What sort of personality are you?

• ESTP

Votes: 21 4.8%
  • ESTJ

Votes: 13 3.0%
  • ESFP

Votes: 9 2.1%
  • ESFJ

• ENTP

Votes: 13 3.0%
  • ENTJ

Votes: 10 2.3%
  • ENFP

• ENFJ

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • ISTP

Votes: 75 17.1%
  • ISTJ

Votes: 57 13.0%
  • ISFP

Votes: 39 8.9%
  • ISFJ

Votes: 23 5.2%
  • INTP

Votes: 69 15.7%
  • INTJ

Votes: 38 8.7%
  • INFP

Votes: 32 7.3%
  • INFJ

Votes: 19 4.3%

• Total voters

BOD

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
If you were to do a full MBTI there are some 90+ questions and the result would be a lot clearer. There is redundancy and the fence sitters would come down on one side or the other.

MBTI is a forced choice questionaire so you must choose.

However only some personality types (like me) have an issue with the forced choosing. Most do not.

What is clear from the results so far is that bushcraft attracts some personalities more than others.

You could refine it further and profile the respondents further - armchair bushcrafters, the 'crafty' bushcrafter, the 'bushy' bushcrafter, the survivalist and the kit collectors.

By then the men in white will have descended on the site and carted us all off to the nut house (or whatever politically correct term is used nowadays) :lmao:

gregorach

Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
Well, I'm normally uber-skeptical when it comes to psychometrics (or "phrenology for the 21st century" as I like to call it) but we do have an interesting bias showing up here towards I*TP... But that's perhaps not entirely suprising given the way the questions are phrased.

Jan 22, 2006
uk
intj - just me and the mad ruskie then!?
(think that might be bad news for you MR!)

although having read through a few of the descriptions i am 'intuitivley sensing' a slight smell of bovine dung...?

rich59

Maker
Aug 28, 2005
London
Certainly a lot of INTPs here it seems. Considering that INTPs are thought to make up only about 1% of the general population that is quite remarkable. I think ISTPs might make about 3-4%.

Then again if you read some of the descriptions of an INTP then you can see why bushcraft might attract us.

I also note a general bias for the introvert as well.

The poll findings therefore aren't really surprising, but it is intesting to see how strong the bias is against the average personality types.

Justin Time

Native
Aug 19, 2003
South Wales
rich59 said:
Certainly a lot of INTPs here it seems. Considering that INTPs are thought to make up only about 1% of the general population that is quite remarkable. I think ISTPs might make about 3-4%.

Then again if you read some of the descriptions of an INTP then you can see why bushcraft might attract us.

I also note a general bias for the introvert as well.

The poll findings therefore aren't really surprising, but it is intesting to see how strong the bias is against the average personality types.

I'm an INTP too, but perhaps the poll tells us more about the kind of people who use the net, to discuss/read about bushcraft and then want to take part in polls ;)

Mike Ameling

Need to contact Admin...
Jan 18, 2007
Iowa U.S.A.
www.angelfire.com
ISTJ

But then, I only do what the Voices in my head tell me! ;)

And you're jelous because the Voices only talk to ME! :nana:

And I learned not to talk back to the Voices, because then we start arguing, harsh words end up being said, and then we won't talk to each other for a long time. And the Voices never apologize first, I have to! :rolleyes:

Mike Ameling - off to do some woods running therapy

Dunelm

Forager
May 24, 2005
County Durham
I tend to treat these sort of tests with the same scepticism reserved for ouija boards and tea-leaf readings.

For what it's worth I'm an INTP - as are most people who have voted.

So what does this mean?

:confused:

Klenchblaize

Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
So long as I have need of grant of and FAC (Fire Arms Certificate) I shall refrain from speculation if you don't mind! :lmao:

Cheers

rich59

Maker
Aug 28, 2005
London
I see the ISTJs are up and coming. My wife is an ISTJ and does enjoy the outdoors (or did until health reasons made it too difficult.)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE