what should i do?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Apac

Tenderfoot
Feb 3, 2007
Hull, uk
Today i had a free day from work as it was roasting out side i decided to go for a wander down my loacl woods with the dog, off the beeten track to my supprise i came acros a spring, i was amazed as i have walked these woods hundreds of times and never even knew it was ther. i decided to follow the stream for a while and stumbled across this! a dead sheep!!

dsc00384jv2.jpg

dsc00385sh4.jpg

dsc00387su8.jpg

So the thing is who do i report this to? as its a will soon become contaminated i would have thought, i spoke to a local and they had now idea who the land owners were!

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Apac said:
Today i had a free day from work as it was roasting out side i decided to go for a wander down my loacl woods with the dog, off the beeten track to my supprise i came acros a spring, i was amazed as i have walked these woods hundreds of times and never even knew it was ther. i decided to follow the stream for a while and stumbled across this! a dead sheep!!

dsc00384jv2.jpg

dsc00385sh4.jpg

dsc00387su8.jpg

So the thing is who do i report this to? as its a will soon become contaminated i would have thought, i spoke to a local and they had now idea who the land owners were!

Walk to the nearest farmhouse and ask them, even if they don't own the land they will know who does.
Mention it to them.

Snufkin

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
Maybe a call to the local NFU representative, they might be able to advise you what to do. I'd haul it out of the water so it doesn't continue to contaminate it.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Strange, I went for a walk in the local woods by High Green and also walked along a river and found a fresh spring. I didn't find a dead sheep, though I was walking my folks' dog so it was on an intellectual par!! I didn't drink from the stream but the dog had a try!!

dommyracer

Native
May 26, 2006
London
Is it marked? Go to the nearest farm, if its not theirs they should be able to tell you who's it is.

That is, of course, if the farmer is bothered about cleaning it up.

You could call DEFRA as well I suppose.

Apac

Tenderfoot
Feb 3, 2007
Hull, uk
The thing is it was miles away from any farms, and ther wasnt and sheep for miles either. i thought it may have escaped, went for a quick drink and got stuck in the boggy mud. what ill do is go back this weekend with some rope and hawl it out of the water myself if its still ther at least that way the water wont get contaminated (the water was cristal clear) its so remote i was thinking of a spot of wild camping ther some time.. with a nice fresh spring it would be an ideal place.. so it would be a shame for it to be spoilt by said dead sheep.

Edit..

i went to a local farm, they said that the land was owned by farmers from a village 20 miles away and wernt sure who they were, and they didnt know who to contact hense my post on hear.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE