What should i do with the rest ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Paddytray

Settler
Jul 11, 2012
basingstoke
I recently helped my neighbours cut down a pine that was damaging there house and mine .
Ive put to good use almost all of the wood building a wattle fence retaing a mud bank in my garden .
I also made a Shillelagh (sha-lay-lee) Almost ready for our Handfasting instead of a sword .
But I have many short logs and few long ones various sizes.
what should I try to make ?.
Do they hold any value ?.
Can any good come from them ?.

Paddytray

Settler
Jul 11, 2012
basingstoke
fence.jpg
pond.jpg
the fence
ive invested in a DREMEL 300 SERIES MULTITOOL.
think i'll try making a few handy things and letting the boys tinker with the rest

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
I made a simple wooden cup from a bit of pine, simply by mostly hollowing out a 3 inch long branch (de-barked) about 2 inches in diameter.

Being a softwood it isn't porous, and so holds liquid very well. I finished mine with some walnut oil. Took abou 30 minutes all told, using green wood.

If nothing else, pine makes great practice wood for carving and whittling skills, as it cuts fairly easily.

Paddytray

Settler
Jul 11, 2012
basingstoke
yeah i was thinking the same thing getting the boys to make there own kit ,sporks/bowls etc . all my tools were stolen years back and so i get to restock . I'm like a kid at christmas

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
make charcoal from it, will light dead easy and burn hot, no messy fuel to light it either, just some old paper.....

try it its fun....:):):):)

Paddytray

Settler
Jul 11, 2012
basingstoke
its been well soaked with the weather weve had i've burnt loads 1 big log in my burner has lasted for ages it doesnt seem to go out brilliant wood and my street smells amazing (to me , The neighbours maybe bored of it by now its been months ).. but there was 2 stumps one bigger than my arms span with 4 main uprights off it.
and the other tree had 2 uprights so loads of wood for me to play with just where to put it all lol . I dont want to cut to much up and waste I'd rasther give it away . it was taller the our house

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE