What, no bog roll..........

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
george said:
Nice damp sphagnum moss - it's got natural antiseptic qualities too!

I agree with George. It's as good as Andrex !! As for the advice about wiping yer bum with nettles, It could be the white dead nettle or the red dead nettle that was used. Both species have no stinging hairs, but lets face it.......You'd have to be bloomin sure before "First Wipe!" :lol:

S

sez

I was going to say moss too. So, erm, I'm saying moss.

As for nettles, the juice of dock leaves and ribwort (or any of the plantains) will counteract nettle stings, but getting the juice out without rubbing the skin off I've found to be a problem.

While I'm at it, I had great results from using broadleaved plantain around my little girls blisters last summer.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
sez said:
As for nettles, the juice of dock leaves and ribwort (or any of the plantains) will counteract nettle stings, but getting the juice out without rubbing the skin off I've found to be a problem.

Try spiting on it as you crush it in your hands by rubbing them together.

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
Grab a few leaves and roll them up. Slice through the roll and add a little spit to cut end, squeeze, and rub.
sez said:

S

sez

That's a roger on the spitting, thanks, though I doubt my daughter would be impressed with me (it's usually her stings I'm dealing with).

As for snow, I just remember the stuff (far end of Cornwall here), but can't see anyone getting stung out in the snow, to much clothing besides anything else.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE