What manner of beast makes such marks?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Atellus

Jul 15, 2007
Warrington, Cheshire
... thinks the king penguin chick in the image below, submitted for the One Earth Award.

FD73C0F9F0B3F115CC96856088C067.jpg

Full article at Footprints

I put this here because it's not a question about photography, just a thought that seems very relevant to many discussions here that touch on the impact of our activities and whether woodsmen/bushcrafters really do only have a minimum impact.

Heisenberg is still right. You cannot observe something without changing the nature of that which you observe.

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
England's most easterly point
It's a very humbling thought for me in a way, to see that a simple footprint has some impact on the rest of the community that live there. We must also leave our smells too. But those are a natural by product of any animal moving about it's business.

Much worse, we (humans) leave litter, rubbish, fishing lines. Perhaps the wild creatures do get used to it in the same way we get used to seeing mess or traffic or graffiti everywhere. It's still not an excuse to leave it though.

I make every effort to never leave anything when I am out and about and most of us here I am sure do too. Pity that we are generally in a minority.

This is a timely reminder to be aware at all times of the impact we have.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE