what kit did you want to buy today?

jonnie drake

Settler
Nov 20, 2009
west yorkshire
got me thinking what kit everyone was planning on purchasing with the onset of winter? I'm looking at getting a snugpak elite 4 to keep me toasty on a snowy night :eek: although I did get outbid on ebay for one this eve :(

what about you?

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
I actually have trouble finding kit to want. Got most things,

Maybe a bushlite, or a UCO lantern, perhaps another knife, a packable waterproof, a wool coat, wool blanket, new walking boots, another forage bag, some bits for my new lathe, some bowl blanks, perhaps a few turning tools, more sanding sheets, a sander, a grinder for sharpening my tools, a bigger bandsaw...

Nah, can't think of anything I need, really...

:)

beenn

Banned
Nov 16, 2009
South Wales
not today but the only thing i want to buy at the moment is a underquilt

fancy a new knife with leather sheath but the funds will not allow!

Highbinder

Jul 11, 2010
Under a tree
A mountain bike and racks&panniers, really want...

For this winter I'd like to invest in a quality set of wool thermals, a new set of wool liner gloves and a new hat (lost one, burnt one, only got a fleecy MOD one now). Trying to think how I can lighten up my layering system. It's going to be a different kind of winter here to Scotland so I shouldn't be facing the cold, wet and winds I'm used to, but rather will have to plan for cold at altitude in the pyrenees. Any camping at low altitude will be a walk in the park compared to the Highlands :)

Would like a WBBB but that's more an onset to Summer purchase than onset of Winter.

Poacher

Tenderfoot
Aug 14, 2006
Kilgarvan, Co.Kerry. ROI
I tried out a 'proper' pair of binos - I weally weally NEED a pair now
So can you really tell the difference between 'proper' and cheap? Just curious as i've only had cheapish.
I bought a sleeping bag liner for 1 euro from tesco today reduced from 9 euro and wanted to buy a mosquito shelter to put my meat in outside for 6 euro down from 12.95. I also wanted to buy lots of nice food too. :cool:

Nika

Forager
May 23, 2009
England
I bought a Snugpak Blizzard coat for winter, and while I was in the shop I bought a small stove and was lucky enough to have a power cut when I got home later that night, so made me a choc drink in the front room only to be reminded by one of my kids "that the gas was still working dad" anyway great stove I own many but this is nice glad I bought it.

esbit-985ml-dual-fuel-stove-hard-anodised-cookset-4714-p.jpg

Stringmaker

Native
Sep 6, 2010
UK
I am deliberating over a frontier portable stove.

The tenuous reason I've come up with so far is that I can put it in a corner of our back patio where the smoke won't be near any of our neighbours houses. With all the spoon carving, whittling and friction fire hearths I have been doing there is always scrappy wood to burn.

I also like the idea of having my own little back yard camp where I can sit by the fire and knock up a brew of an evening.

Sounds like I've made the decision doesn't it!

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
I'm toying with 6000 grit polishing tapes and glass blanks for my Edgepro.
equivalent to a 30,000 grit jap waterstone.
It gets stuff scary sharp already, this'll take it to insane levels :D

mart

Forager
Apr 6, 2008
cumbria
Not today, but my latest kit purchases were; Suunto core all black, Rab baltoro guide jacket, Black diamond spinner leashes for my Petzl Quarks. Cant wait to use the latter :0)

wanderinstar

On a new journey
Jun 14, 2005
Yorkshire/Lancs Border
I just bought a 10 1/2" cast iron frying pan from ebay. Looks good did a bit of frying in it at home. can't wailt to use if al fresco.
I obviously dont do backpacking. It is car bushcrafting all the way for me. £10.50 thats a pound an inch. Very good value I thought.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE