What Jacket?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nonsuch

Life Member
Sep 19, 2008
Scotland, looking at mountains
You could just get the new British Army MTP smock. Not that waterproof, but a big improvement over the old one, hand warmer pockets lined in fleece etc. Ebay brand new £40. Beware Ridgeline jackets if you are a bit sweaty. They are a good price but I found them a nightmare and gave mine away.

Uilleachan

Aug 14, 2013
Northwest Scotland
Well today we are experiencing nice calm weather, which is nice as I'm about to leave to catch the ferry to the mainland.

I did look at the Hilltrek jacket but they don't make them in my size. the XL would be too tight a squeeze.

I'm off to visit a couple of places on my way from England to Aberdeen. I'm off to call in to Ardmoor and them Bush Wear. I'm sure one of them will have something to suit a porker like me. :D

Tight lines!

Thanks, the lines were indeed tight this morning, although I lost the sea trout of the season, still, I've a few of it's smaller mates in the fridge. I would just have taken a photo and put the big fellow back anyway, so near yet so far. I also wore my hilltrek jacket instead of my oliskin (it's a new one and therefore unlucky to take fishing) and despite it lashing down and very windy it kept me dry enough, the inner ply of ventile is dry.

Hilltrek will make you a jacket in any size you want, costs a wee bit more, just phone them, mine is a little bigger than XL. A tip if you go down that road would be for them to make you a bigger than standard hood and ask for a bottom draw cord on the jacket. The glencoe has additional slash pockets, which would just fill with water on a proper wet day I reckon. So thats why I went for the rannoch type.

Calm with you :cool: Jammy dodgers

Arjendude

Oct 13, 2013
Strijen, The Netherlands
I've got the Fjallraven Greenland. Yes its a bit more expensive. I think I paid around 120 pound for it in sale a couple of years back. But the quality is superb. Rainy weather? Just apply some wax. If not, don't so the fabric can breathe more easily. Really quick drying and can stand a spark.

Imo really word its money!

Ecoman

Sep 18, 2013
Isle of Arran
www.HPOC.co.uk
Thanks for all the advice. I have just got back from my trip away but due to being poorly for part of my trip (I love it when my missus brings her work home with her!!) I didn't have time to go jacket shopping.

I'm planning on calling into a few places on my next mainland visit in a few weeks time. Until then I will have to continue to use my Northface and a few extra layers.

tiger stacker

Native
Dec 30, 2009
Glasgow
Try Thistle for green smocks in ventile and black. Can be found on Ebay. Being next to the work, i purchased a few jackets from them.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE