What is your favorite quick meal?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

GordonM

Settler
Nov 11, 2008
Virginia, USA
Hi all. What is your favorite quick / small billy meal? You can break it down by breakfst, lunch / snack, or dinner / tea, if you wish.

For a quick lunch or dinner, I like Kashi brand, Moroccan Curry (made for microwave but can be prepared as boil-in-the bag or heated in the pot) combined with a pouch (boil-in-the bag) of Chicken of the Sea brand, Smoked Alaska Salmon. Add a flavored drink or tea and an apple or pear for desert and you have a fine quick meal.

How about you?

Gordy

J

Jimcatt

Anytime...
Has to be old faithful, baked beans, chilli/curry powder, any spicy sausage chopped, heated , munched and mopped up with a naan....

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Breakfast - Bannock pre-mixed in zip lock bags of course :) followed by coffee and numerous ciggies

Lunch - Don`t usually bother just snack on cereal bars and fruit all day

Dinner - Salami with rice or pasta, Stag chilli or a couple of super noodles

Then it`s finest American bourbon then bed

Breakfast

Smoked bacon in a toasted pitta pocket with very strong cheddar melted over and a drop or two of tabasco...
Or instant oats...apple flavour
Coffee

Lunch
3 cheese or meat Tortelloni with instant cheese sauce (granules), tabasco, dried onions and fried liddles salami diced up n mixed with the sauce...

~Or if I'm traveling light...instant soup, pitta pocket with squeezy cheddar and salami

Dinner

Freshly caught and grilled trout with cajun seasoning...with mashed potato and onions ...

Fantastic... oh my! memories flooding back now to those long summer fishing days...

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Breakfast - Dont eat breakfast, so a cup of tea or coffee it is.

Lunch - Noodles/savoury rice or of late Pasta in napoli tomato sauce

Dinner - Steak, fried onions and savoury rice or spuds or if i have my gun with me a nice bit of rabbit or pigeon, (yes i have permission from my landowner to trap and shoot)

shep

Maker
Mar 22, 2007
Norfolk
I usually aim for light and dry.

Beakfast:

Premixed bannock, or porridge.
The last course I went on I discovered oat-cakes and honey which is a great breakfast - surprisingly filling.

Lunch, nut/seed mix with dried fruit, energy bars. For day 1 I usually bring some bread, salami and cheese though.

Dinner. Pre-made cous cous with chilli, risotto (if I'm expecting to have time on my hands), prepacked meals.

Plenty of dark chocolate and Islay single malt (Laphroig or Ardbeg).

Kerne

Maker
Dec 16, 2007
Gloucestershire
As soon as I arrive at where I am going to camp I tend to whack on some water and add a cupasoup and a packet of dried pasta with only half the recommended amount of water - the result is a sticky, warming carb boost within minutes.

Sniper

Native
Aug 3, 2008
Saltcoats, Ayrshire
Breakfast gotta be bacon and eggs with mushrooms and tattie scones Yumm!

Lunch most likely soup or maybe beans on toast.

Dinner I love a good stew, or a pasta and mushroom soup as a sauce with bannock & maple syrup for desert.

Supper I enjoy something small but tasty perhaps crumpets toasted on the fire.

Coffee I have intravenous throughout the day, just can't survive without it.

Nagual

Native
Jun 5, 2007
Argyll
If I can I love a bacon roll in the morning, there is something magical about the taste and smell of smoked bacon on a cold morning. Bannock or any of the variations of it are great too as they are nice n simple.

Cup-a-soups with super noodle type of things mixed together are tasty and filling, a great snack any time of the day.

Dehydrated mince, re-hydrated maybe with some beans added. Mash would be nice too.

Jerky of course is a old time favourite.

Nag.

African

Mar 12, 2007
Stevenage
Breakfast - As much powdered egg as you want in a boil in the bag type bag with or without Pancetta cubes. Add the required amount of water to the egg in the bag and then put the bag in the water you are boiling for tea or coffee. Egg is usually cooked by the time the water boils, put the tea bag /coffee in and eat the egg out of the bag with bread, bisquites or a bagel. No dirty pot either!!

Supper - If you have a fire cook a couple of pork sausages on a stick. then cover them in about a quarter inch of bannock dough and bake on the stick until done. Best hot dog in the world:D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE