What is your favorite book from 2014?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Skiritis

Oct 2, 2013
Athens
Skiritis, Campbell's book is already on my list to read. :) I will take a look at the other!

tiger stacker, I will take a look because I don't have a book about desert survival on my shelf.

- Woodsorrel
I have never heard of the author but I found this review (http://outdoorselfreliance.com/wilderness-secrets-revealed/) and I was tempted. He has a Master of Arts in Outdoor Education from the Univercity of Northern Colorado and a Doctorate degree in Wilderness Survival Education. He founded in Quebec a research laboratory that studies wilderness survival,outdoor risk management and emergency response, therspeutic adventure and expedition logistics. He knows what he is talking about.

Last edited:
I have never heard of the author but I found this review (http://outdoorselfreliance.com/wilderness-secrets-revealed/) and I was tempted. He has a Master of Arts in Outdoor Education from the Univercity of Northern Colorado and a Doctorate degree in Wilderness Survival Education. He founded in Quebec a research laboratory that studies wilderness survival,outdoor risk management and emergency response, therspeutic adventure and expedition logistics. He know's what he is talking about.

Wow, I didn't know you can get a Doctorate in Wilderness Survival Education. :)

I will read the review tonight and take a look at the book. Thank you for the recommendation!

- Woodsorrel

backpacker

Forager
Sep 3, 2010
Eastbourne, East Sussex
The books I have got from the beginning of 2014 is as follows:

Ray Mears My outdoor Life (Enjoyable Read and a good insight into Ray's Life)
Ed Stafford Walking the Amazon (If you like Ed Stafford you will find this interesting)
Ed Stafford Naked and Marooned (Taken from the TV Programmes, but still very interesting read with some good tips)Cody Lundin When Hell Breaks Loose (If you like Cody Lundin you will possibly like these two books he's a bit of 'back in the day' Hippie! none the less still interesting read)
Cody Lundin 98.6 Degrees The Art of Keeping Your **** Alive (As Above both books have avery psychological approach whether it appeals to us Brits?)

Eddie McGee No Need to Die (Brilliant Book, this book I have been trying to get for some years)

Well that's my Six Books for 2014!

Bindle

Tenderfoot
Oct 10, 2014
The Mendips
Well it isn't really Bushcrafty, but a jolly good read is 'A Walk in the Woods' by Bill Bryson. He is a very funny and a very easy to read author.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Well it isn't really Bushcrafty, but a jolly good read is 'A Walk in the Woods' by Bill Bryson. He is a very funny and a very easy to read author.

That's the only one mentioned so far that I have read, and I read it this year after a forum recommendation. Enjoyed it too.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE