What have you been up to lately

warthog1981

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Fife
I was wondering what people have been making recently I finished this lot off last week :D

PC070212.jpg

Mixture of hobo stoves and a few assorted billycans :D

PC070216.jpg

My new style of handle it allows you to take the handle off while its on the stove and Lift it off with a cool handle and all you need is a pot grip to make pouring easy :D

So what have you been working on ?

Cheers Russ :)

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I`ve got to ask Russ, where are they all destined for ?

I know most of us have a problem walking past the stainless section in any home stores now but that is seriously medical :)

warthog1981

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Fife
There's a few being sent a Christmas presents and another few for friends :rolleyes:

But Yes I have a problem at one point I had enough for a dozen hobo stoves and about a dozen billy cans to :eek:

Cheers Russ

pwb

Good looking stoves and billies Russ.
It's funny you should post this as I've just put a wire bail on my billy.
Got the idea of using the picture hanging D-rings from your Crusader cup lids as well :D .

DSC01550Small.jpg

You must be a glutton for punishment, I had enough trouble drilling six holes and broke one bit, stainless steel is a bu@@er.

Cheers,
Pete.

warthog1981

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Fife
Hi puub

Its very easy to drill stainless steel I jut use cheap drill bits but the essential thing is a pillar drill :D ;)

cheers Russ :D

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
A dose of the flu put paid to a week but the upside to being ill is feeling great afterwards. Still running on the euphoria of not being diseased anymore. :)

The latest project has been trying to track down the missing ponies in the airgun. The work's done and it's just waiting on some new parts that should arrive any day.

CFX_01.jpg

Been quite enjoying working on it. Once it's done I reckon my old .177 pistol might get a refurb. It lasted from when I was 10 'till about 16 then suffered from some over-enthusiastic washering up:rolleyes:, been lying in a box ever since.
Projectile corner at Morch and Mischiefs has put me in the mood to learn to shoot. Having Sniper on hand there is great, getting proper instruction right from the off makes such a difference, means when you practice you know you're practicing the right thing.

Love the stoves Russ. I'll refrain from any tin-pan-alley jokes. :)

warthog1981

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Fife
Is that do do with speed and pressure? , 'cos I find it hellish with a hand held.

What I find is using the pillar drill gives you masses of control I should point out its just a cheap one to :D Ive got it in a slightly slower speed and I always start by centre punching the hole and work my way up with a 2mm drill bit up to the desired size this is slow but it doesn't melt drill bits ( which Ive done in the past ) :D

I hope this helps :D

Russ :D

Gailainne

Life Member
A dose of the flu put paid to a week but the upside to being ill is feeling great afterwards. Still running on the euphoria of not being diseased anymore. :)

The latest project has been trying to track down the missing ponies in the airgun. The work's done and it's just waiting on some new parts that should arrive any day.

CFX_01.jpg

Been quite enjoying working on it. Once it's done I reckon my old .177 pistol might get a refurb. It lasted from when I was 10 'till about 16 then suffered from some over-enthusiastic washering up:rolleyes:, been lying in a box ever since.
Projectile corner at Morch and Mischiefs has put me in the mood to learn to shoot. Having Sniper on hand there is great, getting proper instruction right from the off makes such a difference, means when you practice you know you're practicing the right thing.

Love the stoves Russ. I'll refrain from any tin-pan-alley jokes. :)

Now thats a pretty parcel of bits, I can see why you were so :red: when we were PM'ing at the weekend. Looks like you took your scope off :eek: seriously ddint want to do that with mine, but I guess needs must.

Snipers "The man"

Ozhaggishead

Nomad
Dec 8, 2007
Sydney
www.flickr.com
Yesterday was slow day at work so made beef jerky:D ,no-one tell the head chef or I will get in big troubel:tapedshut :ok: .Hope to make some soap for christmas present,also been working on a bit of lethercraft and making cutlery wind chimes to sell at local markets.Sorry just had to post a few pixs. :rolleyes:
IMG_5729.jpg

Wee sporran I made which I made and sold,now somewhere in texas:D
IMG_3681.jpg

Junk art wind chimes I been making.
IMG_6330.jpg

Also taking lot of food scraps home from work too build up the compost.
IMG_6389.jpg

This is me doing a bit of serious shed time.Making a few knifes to sell or trade,I am using the wood recycled from a old pick axe handle.

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
Looks like you took your scope off :eek: seriously ddint want to do that with mine, but I guess needs must.

When you do - give me a shout. I have loads of the moly paste, spring tar and lubes left over - enough for about three builds.
Have started hauling apart my old Diana G80. Man is it goosed - every bit is flopping about and rattling(except the breech, it's not too bad). Going to make my own guides this time, if that goes well I'll probably be in business if you need any turned down.

Found the ponies I reckon. :)
Haven't chronoed it yet but it's up for sure and sooooo much quieter and smoother. Doesn't seem so fond of the pellets I was using before though, I'll have to borrow Kerrs collection and go through them all again, find some that it likes now. Can do that when I'm down checking the power.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE