What hat is this?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Nov 22, 2016
Glasgow
I have been looking for this hat for months, any idea which one it is?

1a6045dc047bc71fc991a18f522ce633.jpg

022a9edd87b8eecf182b9834ccd1a8b7.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

passer

Jun 20, 2016
lancs
The one in the pics appears to be ribbed.
The merino/possum one on sale now, does not.
Perhaps it's a earlier design.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Got any local people who can knit? If they're any good, show them the picture and get what you really want, locally.

Here, those knitted caps are called touques or toquoes (depending on where you grew up.) 'tooke'. . . . as in 'food'
If you're familiar with vehicle engine heaters for nights and weeks of -20C and colder, they might be called "block-heaters."
Having grandma knit them is a tradition, too. I don't need to buy labels but that's just me.
Is it a scandanavian style to have ear flap coverings? Essential design element here.

RichardJackson

Forager
Jul 7, 2011
Beccles
On the ansco website linked above there are 3 other possum hats - one is the smooth 'ray mears' beanie in many colours. Another is the ribbed one you are after. 😊

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

pysen78

Forager
Oct 10, 2013
Stockholm
To me it looks exactly like the swedish beanie 'Olles bror'.
It was plentiful among all the other swedish surplus around in the end of the nineties. Didn't Ray sport a swedish m59 shirt around the same time, early series?

I've not seen one in stores for a while, but plenty of knock offs, telling me the originals arent around anymore.

Patterns are available online if you're into knitting.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE