What flowers are still out near you?

Muddypaws

Jan 23, 2009
Southampton
As the title says, really. Now that winter is arriving (although here in Southampton we have only had a few nights of frost, and not particularly hard frost either), I thought I'd make a note of all the wild flowers still in bloom locally.

Today I saw: Daisy, Dandelion, a single forlorn Buttercup, Groundsel, Yarrow, Red Clover, Shepherd's Purse and Hogweed.
Also in my garden my Wild Strawberry is still blooming, and still has fruit on it (although not ripening)

So what flowers are still in bloom around your way?

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
There's a solitary rose on a bush outside and the geraniums are still doing fine, although I'm bringing them in at night now.:rolleyes:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Through the snow I still have feverfew, raspberries, fuchsias, roses, foxgloves, heartsease, azalea, daisy, buttercup, dandelion, wild strawberry, primroses & bittercress, but I think the snapdragons are done for with the ice.

cheers,
Toddy

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Have been keeping a December list for the nature reserve I visit regularly. In flower currently are: Dandelion, daisy, groundsel, a cat's-ear, bramble (!), black knapweed, ragwort, a Hawkweed, black nightshade, chickweed, creeping and meadow buttercups, red campion, herb robert, germander speedwell, yarrow, fool's parsley, white clover, red clover, hogweed, spear thistle...

Probably missed one or two besides, and I'm not counting the catkins seen on hazel and alder.

Plenty more still in fruit.

Last edited:

joe.ford

Forager
Apr 8, 2004
Essex
On a little walk today, I noticed most of the neighbors rose bush's are still in bloom.

Do stinging nettles count? And lastly the nice pink of the Common mallow, just 1 left down here and a couple of saggy ink caps

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE