What do you want to Buy?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I was just reading the what did you buy today thread and thought to myself that I've not really got anything to put in there, however there are things that I want to buy, so i started a thread which I'm thinking can be along the same lines as the what did you buy today, this one is What do/did you want to buy today!!!!

We had a flood just over a month ago, the house got off lightly but my garage, workshop and shed all got nailed fairly badly, as did under the deck I built years ago (it's waterproof under it. We've finally sorted things with the Insurance company and they're going to leave us to deal with stuff.

That leads me on to my not so bushcraft desire to purchase one of these to help clean things with the added convenience that I can take it with me anywhere and clean bikes, clothes, kit and all sorts with ease.

71p%2BbnJLT0L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

However, I'm not convinced if it's powerful enough in real life use to be worth the investment. I have a big petrol power washer but that's a bit too overkill for many things...
I do like it though :D

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Tony... just no, this is too dangerous a thread to have :nono::nono:

It's bad enough being sat at home having to justify to my current wife why I spent £120 on a new Dewalt cordless drill without additional temptation being passed my way :lmao:

Ps. sorry to hear about getting flooded, I hope you didn't loose too much in the way of kit and equipment.

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Yeh, but Steve, you have to admit that thing looks just right for the Steampunk treatment :)

I'm afraid there's not enough room on a sensible post for me to list the things I want to buy!

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
ha ha, dangerous is good!

I'm being curbed by Shelly, it's hard going sometimes. Saying that she wanted a cordless chainsaw for her birthday in Jan, so it's not all bad!

Flood is a pain, damaged quite a bit of stuff, it was the day before the Winter Moot so I was distracted, the worst part has been waiting for the insurance company as they've been right busy... Can get on now though so all good.

So, what do people want to buy :D

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
I'm being curbed by Shelly, it's hard going sometimes. Saying that she wanted a cordless chainsaw for her birthday in Jan, so it's not all bad!

I just managed to get a cordless chainsaw past the budget holder - I keep damaging the tendon in my elbow starting the petrol one. The new one is excellent; best bit of kit I've bought for a long while.

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
I'd actually quite like another veg tanned leather hide. I have a shoulder of 3-3.5mm and I've just bought and started working with a side of 1.5-2mm but now I can see projects needing some thinner stuff. They come in at around £100+ VAT a hide though so I really ought to justify buying the two I've got by getting some more projects done :)

This is the thinner one that I've started making the notebook covers from - it's huge; I could make 30 A5 book covers :)

leather side.jpg

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Well with having to half my hours at work to do my share with child care due to the virus money is going to be tight. Plus I've just bought a £200 tablet so I'm wondering if £14.99 for a casio watch is possible. I might be down to my last penny if it goes on too long.

Cheap Casio watch

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
A Makita DUC355Z. I'm sure any of the good brands would perform as well but I already had a Makita cordless drill with the same battery technology. The 14" blade is capable of doing most of what I need and I only get the Stihl petrol saw out for big trees now. I've got a couple of sets of batteries but one pair (it takes 2 x 18v batteries) lasted over two hours of coppicing the other day. And, of course, no pain from pulling the starter cord :). The batteries charge in an hour so I've also bought myself a little generator so I can charge them up in the wood. It's only 700W but very quiet and small.

Sorry, probably more info than you needed :)

Code 4

Tenderfoot
Feb 25, 2020
Shrewsbury
I really want a tractor with a post knocker. I have 2 guys in my top field at the moment, with two tractors, fencing off my new coppice but I wish I could do it myself. I don't find knocking in half a dozen posts by hand but that's about my limit.

Reactions: gra_farmer

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
I think this is going to be a useful thread. The dire financial prospect means our savings for our old age are likely to dwindle even more so converting figures on a computer screen into actual useful things seems to be a good idea, especially since our old age may be shorter than anticipated. The question is whether we'd rather have five pound notes or their worth in loo paper? It may soon be cheaper to use five pound notes AS loo paper!

I'd already started to convert useless money into useful goods for example :-
Big order of vegetable seeds and fertiliser, including early nantes carrots (thanks again, British Red)
Cotton handkerchiefs
Such dry goods and food as are available locally
Candles and paraffin for lighting for when the electricity supply inevitably fails
Restocking the booze supply m
Such other ideas as this thread throws up

Any surplus funds may be needed to help out elder son, whose self-employed work has dried up now. Younger son reports he is sitting pretty down in Spain living off his land. He's lucky that travel bans prevent the rest of us from going down to sponge off him.

Reactions: Woody girl

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
My own greenhouse with somebody else buying the heat for winter. Maybe 4' insulated pony walls and a glass roof.
The water table is too high so I could not bury any of it, pit house style.
The back garden space became a grassy disaster that even Round-Up could not kill.
So, there's a plot that should hold a 12' x 24' glass house. N/S so the wind loading shouldn't be too bad.
Growing peas and carrots in the January of a Canadian winter is ideal vengance.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
A Makita DUC355Z. I'm sure any of the good brands would perform as well but I already had a Makita cordless drill with the same battery technology. The 14" blade is capable of doing most of what I need and I only get the Stihl petrol saw out for big trees now. I've got a couple of sets of batteries but one pair (it takes 2 x 18v batteries) lasted over two hours of coppicing the other day. And, of course, no pain from pulling the starter cord :). The batteries charge in an hour so I've also bought myself a little generator so I can charge them up in the wood. It's only 700W but very quiet and small.

Sorry, probably more info than you needed :)

Sweet, that's the one that we got in Jan, we did all the cutting at the Winter Moot with electric saws!!
I've got a fair few Makita tools so i know where you're coming from goodjob

Snufkin

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
If we're separating what I wish I could buy from what I want to buy, well, I wish I could buy my own forested mountain, with maybe a small lake. But what I want to buy is a canvas bell tent. Without the forested mountain, I don't have anywhere to pitch it though :( .

Reactions: Woody girl

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE