What could i make with sheepskin offcuts?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Herman30

Native
Aug 30, 2015
Finland
Waist coat, blanket...
Take those small pieces and sew together into larger pieces, like this:
nCPRy7iSNV5gOVhk5jofYWEd7JTZZdQF1ufAWtYU61Eci3xo6s2Ek5ODLJwItZYO8Vij5KAP5lpImadhtJ4lvCSz6p2ThLYzjjb88sOIUQpTETzUr4q2aOXaXHDNQKHgme9_IyrPSOp3VqCu

Reactions: punkrockcaveman

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
+1 for the insoles @daveO :) Very good things are real sheepskin insoles. The fake ones are horrible.

I make my own slippers, and if you made an entire inner slipper, they'd improve a normal pair of houseshoes no end :)

Looking at the pieces I can see I think you could easily join them together to make mitts too. Really nice things on a cold windy day :D or even just for sitting around a campfire.

M

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
Another for Insoles, great things. if you are going to make some or supply big enough bits to be made into,.. price seems to be around £6 a pair. last I bought from sheepskin have been really good. Think they have changed the design a bit since. I wouldnt worry about the backing being slip resistant too much, mine are just like leather and have been fine.

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
German boy scouts often use instead of insulation mats sheep hide pads, usually just in torso length, and with the head on a Wehrmacht tornister as pillow.

That works very well and is different to airmats pretty spark resistant.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE