what berries are these?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

wickedwillow

Dec 29, 2010
malvern
I carnt see the leaf properly but I would say Black Bryony especially as the fruit is growing in long strands not single bunches, eat this and your dead.

xylaria

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
My hunch is that is caprifolaceae family, that is honeysuckles, vibernums and elderberrys. It is not bryony the leaves are wrong for both types, it is not relative of blackberry as the fruit is not compound and the stem is not woody enough for other rosaceae, is doesn't quite look right for the ribes [currents].

i doubt it turns up in britian or someone on here would know it.

I would be quite happy to be wrong.

Outdoordude

Native
Mar 6, 2012
Kent
I think you're right there Outdoordude, good eye

Thanks. too be honest i cant take the credit. It was my dad who recognized them. He owns a nursery so hes bound to know i thought. If they are baneberries then they are poisness and the OP should thank his lucky stars he didnt eat any. Apparently eating them can cause a cardiac arrest.

Heres was wikipedia said:

Baneberry contains cardiogenic toxins than can have an immediate sedative effect on human cardiac muscle. The berries are the most poisonous part of the plant (hence the name baneberry). Children have been poisoned by eating the waxy, shiny red or white berries. Ingestion of the berries can lead to cardiac arrest and death. It is toxic to rabbits. The berries are harmless to birds, the plant's primary seed disperser. Actaea species are closely related to plants in the genus Aconitum, a highly toxic plant genus which contains wolfbane and several varieties of monkshood

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE