what alternate fireboxes are used....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Hetzen

Forager
Feb 5, 2009
West London
Thanks Wink. I think the second base is secure enough to drill into, I was just thinking of dremeling it into a frame to keep the box rigid, but to allow me to place in some lighter weight disposable bbq mesh. But drilling would be a whole lot easier.

I also had a thought of riveting a can top to the bottom air inlets to be able to restrict airflow through the base, to some how have a little control over combustion, but doubt it would have too much effect. Unless I made the top into some form of hot plate.

Still, a good, well designed, not too heavy, fire box. Thanks for the heads up.

Cheers

Jon

Just bought one of those folding barbecues from Homebase. Similar principle to the Tentipi folding firebox, but only £10.00! I am going to drill some holes in the ashbed floor to assist airflow, as there is another skin underneath. Click on thumbnails for larger pic.

I picked one of these up today after seeing this thread, they are spot on for the money :D

I had wanted a tentipi folding firbox, but couldn't afford one, and as it happened remembered yesterday that we needed a new small barbeque for use when camping as a family / on day trips, so this covers all of these in one !!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE