What about a sub forum?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Ahjno said:
IIRC Stuart mentioned that those threads (I think you were refering to the threads made by Patrick) will be placed on the main page as articles :D

Spot on Ahjno, many of the articles/tutorials will be going into the articles section of the site so that they will be easier to find and also so that visitors to the site can find them without being members of the forum. This will all happen over the next couple of weeks as I've got quite a few articles etc to move over which isn't a very quick process.
:D

Big John

Nomad
Aug 24, 2005
Surrey
I think a sub forum would be good, people could post tutorials there which might not be worthy of the articles section, but nevertheless still worthwhile reading. It would keep them all in one place where they can be more easily found.

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
If people put 'tutorial' somwhere in the thread title (as many have done) then it would make it very easy to search them out ;)

Ed

K

karen

rich59 said:
"Sub forum?"

Is that a forum for under the ground or under the sea bushcraft?

:D ha ha ha ha nice one....heheheh!

Karen

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Personally (as a relative newbie) I find that there are quite enough sub forums already.

Theres a few motorcycle forums I go on, that (although a mine of information) have waaay to many forums to keep and eye on and theres not enough movement each day on the page to warrant them.

Not trying to be negative but personally if there are too many forums I find that I only bother with a few and end up missing out on a varied content.

I like the idea of having searchable tutorials and assumed that the bit at the top of the page that says Articles was for that :confused:

Big John

Nomad
Aug 24, 2005
Surrey
hey you're entitled to your opinion mate, that's what we're here for!

The articles section is for special stuff that has been picked out of the forums or specifically written for that section, there are a load of other tutorials posted here in DIY and other forums by 'ordinary' members that are also very interesting and useful - the search at the top of the forum should let you find them.

Are threads ever archived or do they stay here for ever?

ilovemybed

Settler
Jul 18, 2005
Prague
demographic said:
Personally (as a relative newbie) I find that there are quite enough sub forums already.

Theres a few motorcycle forums I go on, that (although a mine of information) have waaay to many forums to keep and eye on and theres not enough movement each day on the page to warrant them.

Not trying to be negative but personally if there are too many forums I find that I only bother with a few and end up missing out on a varied content.

I like the idea of having searchable tutorials and assumed that the bit at the top of the page that says Articles was for that :confused:

Do you use the "New Posts" feature? It shows you a list of all the threads that have changed since you last arrived. Means there's very little navigation to worry about (except when you're away for three days and there's 180 different threads to read :eek:

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Big John said:
Are threads ever archived or do they stay here for ever?

They're sort of date archived, they're not moved anywhere special but when you look at the page of threads it's taking those in the last month. So, if nothing was posted for a month then it would look like the forum was empty :rolleyes:

Ed pointed out that at the bottom of the page you can select what you want to look at, this is dictated by dates.

Hope this helps :D

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
ilovemybed said:
Do you use the "New Posts" feature? It shows you a list of all the threads that have changed since you last arrived. Means there's very little navigation to worry about (except when you're away for three days and there's 180 different threads to read :eek:

Ahhhhhh, errrrr nope :eek:

Will do now though :)

Jeez, do I feel stupid :eek:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE