What a fantastic day!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wander

Native
Jan 6, 2017
Here There & Everywhere
Wasn't it just!
I took advantage of the fact that a lot of people would be indoors, glued to the TV, so I could go out and enjoy a bit of peace and tranquility - plenty of bird song, wildlife abundant, a small fire, the odd patter of rain on the tarp.
As you say, a fantastic day indeed!

52875531965_8784d453d7_z.jpg[img]

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
Wasn't it just!
I took advantage of the fact that a lot of people would be indoors, glued to the TV, so I could go out and enjoy a bit of peace and tranquility - plenty of bird song, wildlife abundant, a small fire, the odd patter of rain on the tarp.

Yep, cracking. No one on the dog walk and no one down the allotment so I could get bits sorted without getting distracted with chat.

Reactions: Ystranc and nigelp

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
It has, the little wife has gone up to Derby to spend the long weekend with her eldest leaving me home alone with the dogs and cats.

Been a really nice and peaceful day :)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
As pomp and ceremony goes, it was well done. A heck of a lot of work by an awful lot of people.
I bet they're all sitting down now thinking that they are so incredibly chuffed that it's done, done well, and it's bye though.

Long live the King; I hope he does live long enough to let his family have time to be family.

That golden coach shoogled like an old train carriage though. Surely they could do something to stop it rattling around like that ?

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I think we just accept that a holiday means different things to different people.

A national event and spectacle like a Coronation comes along so rarely that, regardless of one's political leanings, it is a pillar in the annals of history. We name periods of time after reigning monarch's.
When I was little in school we were told that we were the New Elizabethans and great things were expected of us.
We have seen such enormous changes in those years, and though the King won't reign as long as the late Queen, he is King now. It's his name on the laws and statutes, it's his head on the coinage, it's his name that will be remembered as this time.

Even if you don't agree with the political, or religious, background to the Coronation, it's still an important day.

My day was quiet, peaceful, my garden is rapidly becoming a wee jungle....and I'm eyeing up the just budding Beech for noyeau.
I'm pleased others seem to have had a good day too; regardless of whether they eyed up the pomp and ceremony or not.

M

Scottieoutdoors

Settler
Oct 22, 2020
Devon
I didn't see much of it as was buzzing about with work and barely a moment to keep up with requirements, but I caught a couple snipsy bits, "long live the king" and sticking the crown on camillas bonce was about all I could see.
I'm with @Toddy on this, it was a historical moment, I don't mind if others avoided it, but even though I'm not a staunch royalist, I liked to have witnessed it....and like it or not, he is our King no matter what any of us say or feel.
I wish him a positive reign, at the end of the day, a negative reign will only fall back on the people as a negative time won't it... we should always wish anyone success, king, queen, or dare I say it? prime minister - regardless of tie colour.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
No Newspapers in the shops.

No news?

A busy as usual day...and for him too, I bet.

But, I now have several months of shopping, and have mostly stowed it, this summer I suspect I am going to spend a lot of my time in wondering where things are.

Reactions: Toddy

billycoen

Settler
Jan 26, 2021
north wales
SWMBO watched the coronation at home,i legged it with the dog down to the river,bump into me old mucker from work,had coffee and some soup on a "sandy" beach along the riverside,all in all a cracking day.

Reactions: nigelp

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
My Mum watched the last one from the Admiralty.....Uncle was something big and hush-hush in design......and she said the huge big Queen of Tonga sat in her carriage and laughed as she got soaked in the rain.
Apparently rain on a coronation is a good thing, it's lucky, it bodes well for the crops, land, etc.,

Me ? I think there's a good reason the Queen had a brolly to match every outfit ! :rolleyes2: :D

Reactions: Robbi

SaraR

Mar 25, 2017
Ceredigion
I really enjoyed all the pieces of cultural history that we rarely get a chance to see and have enjoyed learning about them and what went in to making them (and now maintaining them) in the run up to the coronation.

Reactions: Toddy and Robbi

Ystranc

Nomad
May 24, 2019
Powys, Wales
Wasn't it just!

I very much like your tarp set up.
Yesterday was a fantastic day for me too, everyday has potential to be fantastic if you have the chance to do what you love doing or be with the people that you love.
Life is fragile and precious, not a moment to be wasted.

Reactions: Brizzlebush
Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE