Wet & windy day out (Picture heavy)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
First day of the half term break and SWMBO gave me a pass to play out alone :D. Not only that, she offered to drop me off and pick me up again at a different spot allowing me to have a nice walk over the local moors to "my" woodland playground. That made a nice change to my usual circular route.
DSCN2305.jpg

Looking down at my playground...
DSCN2308.jpg

A moody self portrait...
DSCN2310.jpg

As predicted, the weather turned wet & windy, so I rigged my new DD tarp (thanks Sandbag!) and cooked a dehydrated pasta meal with a Mars bar for afters. Notice my Ventile jacket on the left - standing open like it was cardboard!
DSCN2315.jpg

What more do you need from life?...
DSCN2323.jpg

On the way back I found some tracks... fallow deer I think...
DSCN2331.jpg

and some droppings... badger I think...
DSCN2332.jpg

SWMBO met me on my way out of the woods...
DSCN2338.jpg

In all I had about 5 hours "me time" just to restore my sanity and get me in the mood for Middlewood on Thursday!

Simon

addo

Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Very jealous Simon, im fed up being stuck inside, even if its cold and wet, my sanity has about gone!

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Very jealous Simon, im fed up being stuck inside, even if its cold and wet, my sanity has about gone!

I'm gonna try and get down to see you and Bernie weekend after next If that is OK Addo? I'll speak to The Ratbag and see if he can get along as well, sounds like you could do with some fresh company! Being cooped up with just wimmin is OK for a while.......

:D

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Nice one Simon - thanks for sharing

I looked out of the window this morning a decided I`d give it a miss. Good on ya for getting out there. Any sign of the deer (apart from the footprints) ?

LazySod

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 18, 2007
Oldham
Them windmills can be seen for miles, I can see them from here and from Burnley when i went to visit friends this morn.

Nice pix Simon.

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
that looks great buddy, just what i could have been doing with, if i was,nt poorly .i,ve got serious cabin fever

SimonM

Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
Nice one Simon - thanks for sharing

I looked out of the window this morning a decided I`d give it a miss. Good on ya for getting out there. Any sign of the deer (apart from the footprints) ?

No sign of them today, which is disappointing. It's the first visit to the woods where I haven't seen the Fallow deer. Only seen 1 red deer so far over the 2 years or so I've been playing there.

Simon

SimonM

Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
Them windmills can be seen for miles, I can see them from here and from Burnley when i went to visit friends this morn.

Nice pix Simon.

I hate those windmills - about 5 years ago I lost traction on a bend (faulty road surface!) and rolled the car next to them. Car was a right off and I was off work for 5 weeks.

Both kids take greatdlight in pointing and saying "Look dad, thats where you rolled Mum's car!" Monsters the pair of them.:p

Simon

Steve13

Native
May 24, 2008
Bolton
I know what you mean windmills spoil the veiw from the back of our house too in fact the same windmills I think

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE