well hello!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mrdaviemac

Jan 4, 2010
Perth. Scotland
Hi folks, I am 35, live in Perthshire, central Scotland. My father is gamekeeper on 22000 acres of bushcraft playground where I grew up, living in "the woods"!! I work for an independant Land Rover garage and spend most of my time competing off road. I have comp safari raced, trialed and more recently competed to some degree of success in winch challenge events. I have always camped, messed around hillwalking etc but now turn to bushcraft to learn new skills. Am very keen to try a proffesional course but will wait until spring becons. Happy bushcraft, Dave

mrdaviemac

Jan 4, 2010
Perth. Scotland
Thanks for the welcome! catching, chopping and eating lunch= no problem!! Cooking, bigger problem!! Have just sold my trusty chris reeve, had a few knives through the decades, started when I was 15 with a normark sheath knife, aitor jungle king 1, am struggling a bit with the bushcraft requirement of owning a proper bushcraft knife that resembles a posh veg knife but am open minded and have just bought a ronnie sunshines bushcraft knife. Seems ok spec with usual 01 4mm blade,58-69 rc etc. Anyone have experience of his knives? Cheers, dave

mrdaviemac

Jan 4, 2010
Perth. Scotland
thanks for the welcome lincs bushman. isnt it funny how bushcraft and land rovers go hand in hand!! maybe bushcraft was invented because land rover owners had to survive when their landys broke down!! Dad would be changing the broken cv joint while mum and kids set up camp and made dinner!!:pokenest:

Lincs Bushman

Aug 15, 2009
Lincolnshire
LOL sounds about right.... saying that though, currently running a Disco2, never had a fault (touch wood), but complement bushcrafting, outdoors etc, perfectly, I also do canoeing, and wild camping, so the perfect tool.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Hi Davie :)

Tools, woodlands, hillsides, camping, landrovers, Oh yeah, you'll fit in fine :cool:......Welcome to the virtual campfire that is BcUK :D

cheers,
Toddy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE