Welder's apron

Sniper

Native
Aug 3, 2008
Saltcoats, Ayrshire
Whilst doing a bit of clearing out I found an old welder's apron made from leather. It is very soft and floppy so was wondering if anybody has any ideas of what I could use it for? I had thought of pouches for tinder and the like but I don't think it would be "stiff" enough for a sheath or a possibles pouch but it's certainly thick enough.

mick miller

Jan 4, 2008
Herts.
Wear it when your flint knapping! I'm after one from Axminster tools, lovely suede brown jobby, perfect for keeping all those bits of flint out of your clothes.

Of course, none of that is any use unless you fancy a bit of knapping!

Sniper

Native
Aug 3, 2008
Saltcoats, Ayrshire
Wear it when your flint knapping! I'm after one from Axminster tools, lovely suede brown jobby, perfect for keeping all those bits of flint out of your clothes.

Of course, none of that is any use unless you fancy a bit of knapping!
Fraid I don't do knapping all a bit of a mystery to me although I could see it being good for that.
The flap to sit on would'nt it have to be waterproof or something otherwise I'd end up dragging a very heavy bit of soggy leather around my waist?

But thanks for the suggestions, both good ideas. I am nowhere near talented nor knowledgable enough to consider moccasins sadly cos that would have been good also I don't thing theres enough material.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
If you are coming down to Morch's this weekend you could ask Grooveski if he'll maybe do a bit of knapping with you.......Russ did a course with John Lord while he was at the Moot too......nice set of useful bits he made too :cool: The aprons are ideal for this.

Failing that I could showyou how to draught out some patterns for soft pouches and sporrans.............

cheers.
M

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE