Weekend axe art

Tat2trev

Native
Dec 10, 2012
County Durham
Got me teeth into some graving the weekend ,totally freehand ,the tattooist in me came rushing out.
I used some cheap engraving bits just until my carbide ones arrive so over the next few weeks there will be more for your perusal,hope you all like it comments good or bad welcome.

The background of the graving is a stippled finish to add texture.
this is also the first time i've engraved in over ten years

B3482422-59E0-4FE9-A5D7-D2FECAA4B787-4525-000002C324B0398F.jpg

Sorry for the rubbish photography I'll get some better ones on the other side when it's complete

Last edited:

Tat2trev

Native
Dec 10, 2012
County Durham
Da-yamn! Dat's majorly impressive!

Rusty or not if that's what yu can do free hand I look forward to see what you can do once you have the good tools
:You_Rock_

Now you just need a shed load of plate metal to practice on with various designs.
goodjob Well done Trev'

a generous gent on here has posted some tool steel out to me so i'm gonna be flying as soon as the graver bits are with me there will be more acurate bits and various sizes too .
thanks for the humble words

Tat2trev

Native
Dec 10, 2012
County Durham
Da-yamn! Dat's majorly impressive!

Rusty or not if that's what yu can do free hand I look forward to see what you can do once you have the good tools
:You_Rock_

Now you just need a shed load of plate metal to practice on with various designs.
goodjob Well done Trev'

brass would be nice and ally too !!!!!!!!!!!!

Tat2trev

Native
Dec 10, 2012
County Durham
blimey did i stir a hornets nest !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wonderful words and support thanks guys .and this is the first of many i hope to show

Last edited:

Bartooon

Nomad
Aug 1, 2007
New Forest
Nice work! I think that you may have stumbled upon a gap in the market here. If this is your first attempts then the future looks rosy especially with upgraded tools. The perfect amalgamation of your skill as a tattooist and your interest in bushcraft.

Looking forward to seeing how this develops!

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Very nice work that - I can see a real future in that with owners marks - I wonder if wood can be similarly engraved and infilled with coloured resin in a kolorosing manner? That would look superb on an axe!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE