Wee Trangia Update

Danceswithhelicopters

Sep 7, 2004
Scotland
Scanning 'The Great Outdoors' (TGO) magazine in Borders today and there was a spread on a new Trangia called the UL (Ultra Light) series.
The pots, pans AND the windscreens are to be made from a different type of alloy (not titanium) which reduced a 27 set to 800 grammes-ish.
Overall a good review but I fear the weight would be better lost off your/my/our waists or one less Mars bar!
Burner remained the same.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Danceswithhelicopters said:
Scanning 'The Great Outdoors' (TGO) magazine in Borders today and there was a spread on a new Trangia called the UL (Ultra Light) series.
The pots, pans AND the windscreens are to be made from a different type of alloy (not titanium) which reduced a 27 set to 800 grammes-ish.
Overall a good review but I fear the weight would be better lost off your/my/our waists or one less Mars bar!
Burner remained the same.

I think its lightweight Aluminium?, if you look around and can get a Trangia clone made by Gelert, its the same thing, but half the price :)

Garnett

Forager
Mar 6, 2007
London, UK
rik_uk3 said:
I think its lightweight Aluminium?, if you look around and can get a Trangia clone made by Gelert, its the same thing, but half the price :)

This set?

Looks good:

cut-019.jpg

Humpback

On a new journey
Dec 10, 2006
1/4 mile from Bramley End.
My gelert, was I thought, a great saving on the T's* price. However in practice as always you pay for what you get. Flimsy material and manufacture.
I now use a genuine T* burner, clik stand, and billy which are lighter and less bulky for one person.

* insert your own spelling of Trangia as required.

Alan

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE