Website redesign - comments invited.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wavey Davey

Jul 8, 2005
Suffolk
Wayland. Really great site you've designed there. Having done a few simple sites myself I can fully appreciate the thought and effort that has gone into it. Good Job. :You_Rock_

Looking at a few random pages I noticed you've got a little discrepancy on your fire one (http://www.lore-and-saga.co.uk/html/fire.html). The pic at the bottom shows your blow poker on the left not on the right as it says in the text...........
Sorry.... :eek: ......I just notice things like that.
Hope you don't mind me mentioning it, but in my experience nobody usually bothers with mentioning such things, and it would bug me if it was my site.
Cheers, Wavey.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Wavey Davey said:
Looking at a few random pages I noticed you've got a little discrepancy on your fire one (http://www.lore-and-saga.co.uk/html/fire.html). The pic at the bottom shows your blow poker on the left not on the right as it says in the text...........
Sorry.... :eek: ......I just notice things like that.

Well spotted. That's exactly the kind of thing that's difficult for me to notice because I'm too close to it.

I'll change that on the next upload, cheers for that.

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
I aggree with everyone else! - what stunning piccies and a great site!!!

I love the shadowed 'buttons' and text did you create them by hand? looking at your other work I wouldn't be supprised!!

I never cease to be amazed at the quality of the work you turn out mate! - is there nothing you are not a master of????
:You_Rock_

risby

Forager
Jun 21, 2005
dorset, uk
Wayland said:
That's exactly the kind of thing that's difficult for me to notice because I'm too close to it.

On the new area you have some links at the bottom of the main pages one of which is <home>. This takes you back to the original area about vikingism but from there you cannot get back to the new area. I also found navigation in the new area a bit confusing in general.

stovie

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 12, 2005
Balcombes Copse
Well done. Great site.

The upturned Coble (fishing boat) on Holy Island (Lindisfarne) is locally known as a Peggity Hut. Just a bit of useless info. You probably knew that anyway.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
risby said:
On the new area you have some links at the bottom of the main pages one of which is <home>. This takes you back to the original area about vikingism but from there you cannot get back to the new area. I also found navigation in the new area a bit confusing in general.

From the original site there are buttons on the right hand of the screen that take you to the Flip side, Photography and Bushcraft.

Thanks for the comment though, I'll look to see if I can make it clearer.

risby

Forager
Jun 21, 2005
dorset, uk
Wayland said:
From the original site there are buttons on the right hand of the screen that take you to the Flip side, Photography and Bushcraft.

Got it.

BTW my favourites are
  • Hodges Close: magical, trees growing out of bare slate, lovely pastel colours contrasting with the grey slate, loads of places for your eyes and imagination to explore
  • Trevethy Quoit: that is big sky, it looks like it's radiating from the stones which, again, gives it a mystical, magical atmosphere.

spoony

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 6, 2005
tyne and wear
www.bike2hike.co.uk
Outstanding pics, and website, i see you have visited south shields, next time you happen by this way give me a heads up, i can show you some nice places to go and take photos.

kellykettle.jpg

is this sunrise or sunset?? and is it the east coast?

spoony

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 6, 2005
tyne and wear
www.bike2hike.co.uk
Wayland said:
That's taken just by Souter Lighthouse so definitely Sunrise.

I might take you up on the guided tour, I'm usually up that way in January.

Thought it was, thats why i asked about surise and setting, you get some awesome sunrises, i used to go down their and watch them after an early finish on nights. Thats about 5 mins drive from where i live. there is a small cove along there that has a lot of flint. There has been a lot of changes in the coast line over the last 10 years. A lot of weather erosion. Still a nice piece of coast in places.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE