Waxed leather tankards F/S

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
I've made up another batch of hot waxed leather tankards by popular request. There's six available here,four big ones which hold exactly 1 pint and two smaller tankards which hold just over half a pint.

I am asking £40 each for the big ones and £30 each for the little ones.

Each flask is made from 3-4mm veg tanned leather with a 6mm veg tanned base, all hand stitched throughout and hot soaked in molten beeswax to make them not only completely waterproof, but also hard as iron. These are almost indestructible. If it does fall under a steam roller, or an elephant stands on it, you can just pop it in the microwave for a minute or so to soften the wax (which goes all the way through the leather), reshape it and let the wax harden again.

sm-sales001.JPG

sm-sales002.JPG

These flasks are suitable for cold drinks only. Not suitable for hot liquids, and please don't stick it in the dishwasher. A cold rinse is all it needs. Alcoholic beverages taste much better when drunk from one of these.

The price includes Paypal fees and postage within the U.K. Anyone outside the U.K., contact me for postage costs.

Thanks for looking,

Eric

Eric_Methven

Apr 20, 2005
Thanks for moving this Tone.
Now that I have a new method of drawing Celtic Knotwork, that saves hours of hard work, I can afford to tool knotwork designs into these tankards (and flasks as well) for only a small extra charge.

Keep a lookout for new stuff coming along.

I still have 3 large and 2 small of the tankards at the top of this post.

Eric

Toots

Aug 22, 2005
Sutton in Craven, North Yorkshire
Not been at work for a few days but back today and a parcel was waiting :) . Now at home giving it a thorough test with a few beers, well just the one so far but I've all evening to go ;) . Superb.
Thanks Eric :You_Rock_ and so does the tankard.

SimonM

Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
Thanks for moving this Tone.
Now that I have a new method of drawing Celtic Knotwork, that saves hours of hard work, I can afford to tool knotwork designs into these tankards (and flasks as well) for only a small extra charge.

Keep a lookout for new stuff coming along.

I still have 3 large and 2 small of the tankards at the top of this post.

Eric

Would love one of these Eric, how much extra to add the knotwork on a large one?

Simon

Eric_Methven

Apr 20, 2005
Would love one of these Eric, how much extra to add the knotwork on a large one?

Simon

Can't do knotwork on the ones in the photo as they are already waxed, and all decoration must be done before waxing and before sewing. I won't be able to make decorated tankards before I get back from Bulgaria (end of June) and I should have worked out the extra costs by then. I'll make a few up and put them up on the makers market. Then you can see what they're like and we can go from there.

Eric

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE