Waterstones - superb service from Axminster

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Hi all

Last week I ordered three waterstones from Axminster...

http://www.axminster.co.uk/category.asp?cat_id=207976

I paid extra for a saturday delivery however only one of two packets arrived. The folks at Axminster took this a series blow to their professional image and chased and abused carriers for two days eventually finding the missing packet and of course all delivery charges were refunded. :)

Angus Og

Nov 6, 2004
Glasgow
I order two the other week and one arrived damage, phoned them up and had the damaged one replaced by the next day. Great customer service

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
tommywidenflycht said:
Would you recommend the "Ice Bear Sharpening kit", two stones and a holder, for ~33£? I'm new to the art of proper sharpening...

Thats what I ordered, along with an additional stone, I now have a 1200, 800 and 6000. First attempt with 6000 today produced a very fine edge, although I can see some imperfections, that'll be my poor technique though :)

moduser

Life Member
May 9, 2005
Farnborough, Hampshire
I know exactly what your saying Sandbender.

Ihave used my setup twice now and first time round I could not get that mirror finish that I expected.

Second time was better. I hope third time will be even better.

Thing is I only want to sharpen the blade when it needs it.

Angus Og

Nov 6, 2004
Glasgow
Would you recommend the "Ice Bear Sharpening kit", two stones and a holder, for ~33£? I'm new to the art of proper sharpening...
I would that’s what I got from them. And like sandbeander and moduser added a 1200. :D

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
The best thing is Axminster's prices are very competitive as well as giving great customer service. :D

I have a combination waterstone from them which is very good.

Paganwolf

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 26, 2004
Essex, Uk
www.WoodlifeTrails.com
tommywidenflycht said:

Id recomend the rubber stone clamp, i do most of my sharpening in the kitchen and its perfect for holding the stones still on the work tops, oh and they are doing 2 combi stones for 19 quid at the mo! cheap as chips ;)

Jan 15, 2005
wantage
I can only join in and say how superb their service is. Your items are practically in your hand as soon as you press enter on your keyboard. And the "cheapo" tools they do work quite well as well. Band saw for less than 50 quid and it's super...

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Used them for the first time this week, ordered a rubber stone clamp and a carving knife, goods arrived next day.

Excellent service, excellent prices, will be using them again without doubt.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I can only agree with all of the previous posts, I also ordered the waterstone kit a while back, I got the kit and an extra stone to give me a wide range. Brilliant stones and they should last a lifetime.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE