Waterproofing a sas windproof jacket?

taws6

Nomad
Jul 27, 2007
Anglia
Hi,

I've got a dpm windproof top which I quiet like, and I've read it's 'shower proof' and quick drying.
Not had it out in really bad weather, and wondered if there is a way to make it better than shower proof, without ruining the other features it has?

Thanks for the help,
Paul.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Hi,

I've got a dpm windproof top which I quiet like, and I've read it's 'shower proof' and quick drying.
Not had it out in really bad weather, and wondered if there is a way to make it better than shower proof, without ruining the other features it has?

Thanks for the help,
Paul.

Wear it under a Gortex jacket should keep it dry;)

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
They are only really shower proof when you first get them as they have some sort of proofing agent in them, i take it its a issue one if so it should say in the label something along the lines of launder and reproof in accordance with specificationuk/sc/3698 in other words after youve washed it wash it in something like a nikwax cotton proof, (ive done this) but they still only remain shower proof, not down pours. Like rik_uk3 says you would need to add a gortex liner sasskit do one (converted from a dutch liner) which are quite good and can be stored in one of the smocks pockets when not in use as they roll up quite small.

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
try thompsons water seal believe it or not.it tells you on the tin that you can use it for clothes and canvas.also cheaper than the others.

Nagual

Native
Jun 5, 2007
Argyll
try thompsons water seal believe it or not.it tells you on the tin that you can use it for clothes and canvas.also cheaper than the others.

I used this myself a lot. Be aware though that it stinks for ages afterwards - make sure you have a dry place you can leave it airing for a few days.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE