Waterproof pouches

Chopper

Native
Sep 24, 2003
Kent.
What with the monsoon season around the corner I have been on the lookout for waterproof bags for the kids laptops and phones. All the suitable bags I have are no way cool enough to carry around the school or uni. I had a word with my regular Bushy supplier and he ordered some stock of these

IMG_1388.jpg

How impressed I am with the quality. Don't confuse these with normal ziplock bags, these are much thicker and the seal is very posative.

IMG_1391.jpg

I bought two packs, the first contained three 15.4" laptop size pouches and the other an assortment of sizes, the smallest in the pic has containes a Moleskine journal for scale, this size is perfect for passports, it also holds my Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 and allows full touch screen functionality. The packs were £8 each although I think you can buy them individually. They are not on his website as he has only just got them in, however you could email or call him.

The suppliers website: www.bushgear.co.uk

The Manufacturers website: www.loksak.com

Highbinder

Jul 11, 2010
Under a tree
Okay maybe I'm missing something but I can't for the life of me find them on that bushgear website? Looks like a handy piece of kit to keep my phone and journals/books in whilst I'm out in the woods.

No Idea

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 18, 2010
Dorset
I use bags with lanyards attached so I dont lose my phone, keys and credit cards while I am out on the boat - again!

Chopper

Native
Sep 24, 2003
Kent.
Okay maybe I'm missing something but I can't for the life of me find them on that bushgear website? Looks like a handy piece of kit to keep my phone and journals/books in whilst I'm out in the woods.

You wont, as I said in my original post, he has only just taken delivery of them, but you can order by email or phone. :D

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Aloksaks. US made ziplock bags. Developed for seals IIRC. I think there are a few UK companies selling them. Try backpackinglight.co.uk for one. IIRC they have been selling them for years.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I just got a set of those for review!
So far they are doing very well and I am very pleased with them.
More testing to come....

R

RV OPs

Guys, we have been sent samples of the Loksak bags but we have been put off by a number of users complaining about the black seals splitting, we sell a range of Ortlieb waterproof bags and have had no problems in the past. I know they are used in the Adventure medical range of first aid kits & would appreciate comments etc.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE