Waterproof Jacket

markie*mark0

Settler
Sep 21, 2010
warrington
Im looking for a good value waterproof / lightweight jacket for everyday / wet use, looking to spend around £50

Does anyone have any reccomendations?

ReamviThantos

Native
Jun 13, 2010
Bury St. Edmunds
Is there a moderator who can advise whether there is a requirement to advise no connection with seller when you have an item which you choose to recommend as I have not stated this in posts but note alot of people do? Thanks.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Is there a moderator who can advise whether there is a requirement to advise no connection with seller when you have an item which you choose to recommend as I have not stated this in posts but note alot of people do? Thanks.

There's no requirement; it's just a kind of courtesy. Simply reinforces that the recommendation has no ulterior bias.

I bought a Trespass jacket in a garden centre, good OD green, quiet in use, but not terribly breathable. Cost me well under your £50, and they come in Gents sizes too :)

You could maybe have a looksee at the British army goretex sets that Endicott's sell ? good value and come very recommended by many of the members. Camouflage though, so not for everyone.

cheers,
Toddy

markie*mark0

Settler
Sep 21, 2010
warrington
There's no requirement; it's just a kind of courtesy. Simply reinforces that the recommendation has no ulterior bias.

I bought a Trespass jacket in a garden centre, good OD green, quiet in use, but not terribly breathable. Cost me well under your £50, and they come in Gents sizes too :)

You could maybe have a looksee at the British army goretex sets that Endicott's sell ? good value and come very recommended by many of the members. Camouflage though, so not for everyone.

cheers,
Toddy

yeah i have a brill smock from endicotts, but need something plain, black civi wear lol

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
My green Trespass one comes in black too, iirc. It's fine for a quiet wander or shopping or the like, but I think it'd get a bit sweaty inside if I were working hard in it though.

cheers,
M

Lynx

Nomad
Jun 5, 2010
Wellingborough, Northants
I bought a Berghaus waterproof jacket with a hood in the collar for £50 from Blacks a couple of months ago. It was on sale from the usual £85 I recall. Great jacket and packs away into a very small space as well. If you do a google you might find a deal.

......here it is but now at £60. Shop around you might find a better deal.

http://www.millets.co.uk/brand/Berg...erghaus-mens-rg1-jacket.html?attribute=171074

Last edited:

snozz

Dec 9, 2009
Otley
Have a look at sports direct. Some good jackets at decent prices. Also look at the craghoppers website. Sale on at the moment.

Snozz

Robbi

Banned
Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
watching this with interest as i'm on the lookout as well.

what i'm looking for is................

mid length jacket with fold away hood.

jumping on the back of the OP but all help appreciated ( that Royal navy one above looked great but no hood )

screwdriver

Forager
Nov 28, 2010
calne
the green austrian jackets are very good ,and genuine gore tex not the abtex 5000 that the british stuff uses although still very good

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE