Waterproof gloves

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Don't you chaps find that once the Sealskinz are wet inside they get really cold and take forever to dry? I've never tried the gloves but had 3 pairs of their socks fail on me, a lot of the reviews for the gloves have put me right off.

I use Berghaus powerstretch gloves with Tuff Bags over the top

Mar 15, 2011
on the heather
Me 3 for Sealskins, absolutely brilliant, or for a guaranteed %100 waterproof glove Marigold Rubber Gloves, Never wanted to try the Sealskins socks though, sound a bit to sweaty to me.

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
I use Weise gloves for motor-cycling, they're great in all weathers. Don't know if they do anything without armour but it might be worth asking.

Donny732

Nov 25, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
Don't you chaps find that once the Sealskinz are wet inside they get really cold and take forever to dry? I've never tried the gloves but had 3 pairs of their socks fail on me, a lot of the reviews for the gloves have put me right off.

I use Berghaus powerstretch gloves with Tuff Bags over the top

Yeah, I have a pair Sealskinz gloves, and just like you say, once wet, they hold no heat at all. I also wasn't too impressed with the waterproofing. It failed in heavy rain the first time I took them hiking. I do like the socks though. I wear them in the kayak when I know I'll be in and out a lot, and they do keep out the water. I wouldn't hike in them, though.

nigeltm

Aug 8, 2008
south Wales
I've heard a few horror stories about sealskinz products (and not just about the price!).

I swear by the British Army Soldier 95 gloves. Fair quality leather outer with thinsulate and goretex inner. I've had one pair for 4 or 5 years and in that time I've worn them doing 80 on the bike in the winter, out on the Brecon Beacons in the driving rain, absailing over 100 feet off Dinas Rock in the Neath valley and digging my way through brambles looking for a misper. All in all the best value £10 (thank you eBay) I've spent.

Scots_Charles_River

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 12, 2006
paddling a loch
www.flickr.com
I've heard a few horror stories about sealskinz products (and not just about the price!).

I swear by the British Army Soldier 95 gloves. Fair quality leather outer with thinsulate and goretex inner. I've had one pair for 4 or 5 years and in that time I've worn them doing 80 on the bike in the winter, out on the Brecon Beacons in the driving rain, absailing over 100 feet off Dinas Rock in the Neath valley and digging my way through brambles looking for a misper. All in all the best value £10 (thank you eBay) I've spent.

I have seen these, is that the NI Issue ones ?

Do you have a link to pair ?

Ta

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE