Waterproof Boxes

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chopper

Native
Sep 24, 2003
Kent.
My good lady wife went shopping yesterday and came back with some new sandwich boxes. WOW!!!
You want to see these, the small one about the size of a tobacco tin £1.75, the others that she got are big enough to fit two video cassettes in and were £3.50 each, they are air tight, waterproof, dishwasher and microwave safe, these will come in really handy she said as I was trying my tinder tin contents in the small one and then later my pda, gps and a few other bits that I would rather not get wet when outdoors.
These boxes are made by an American company called locknlock and were purchased from the Coop.

www.locknlock.com

:biggthump :super: :biggthump

Mar 2, 2004
good kit m8.i always carry a waterproof sandwich box with me.good for dried food packs,couple of oxo cubes,knife fork + spoon,salt n pepper,pancake mix ,small bag of flour,coffee,teabags etc.

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
The plastic "lunchbox" (commonly called Tupperware but doesn't have to be) is the main type of box used in the UK for geocaches (others are ammo boxes and 35 mm film canisters). They are quite waterproof and last a long time - what I do notice about them is that the constant cooling and heating they experience outdoors results in cold, wet air being drawn into the box, where the water condenses and when the box warms up, air is expelled from the box, but most of the water remains. Over time, more and more water is drawn in.

Nonetheless, the are still very good and put up with a lot of harsh abuse. If you can find a small one, then you have a good bit of kit!

I'll have to keep my eyes open! :shock:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE