Bell's Wax Vestas tin.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Bells-Wax-Vestas-I.jpg

In freezing conditions, I don’t want to be relying on a fiddly method of fire lighting. It’s great to know how use many different methods of course but I want fire quickly and reliably.

I usually carry a box of waterproof matches in a small ziploc bag in my pocket and another in my bag.

As some of you know, I do like my equipment to have a little “soul” as it were and I after seeing a post on BcUSA I thought this was just the job.

Bells-Wax-Vestas-II.jpg

A quick search on eBay and there I found one.

There is just enough room inside for the contents of two boxes of matches which is a nice quantity.

Bells-Wax-Vestas-III.jpg

The rough patch on the bottom, where the old vestas would be struck, was just the right size for the safety striker from one of the old boxes to be attached with a bit of double sided tape. I’ll keep the other striker, already taped and ready, in the pocket of my notebook in case I need it.

A neat little solution with a bit of history to it that doesn’t get in the way of functionality.

It does exactly what it says on the tin.

Reactions: Dogoak and Corso

gra_farmer

Mar 29, 2016
Kent
Made this out of rose wood a few years ago, I love the tins but wood feels natural to me.

6af8428f7ffa8b58181c59077c99ffcf.jpg

I have a US army issue Vietnam match case some where, now that is pretty. Will post a picture when I find it.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE